• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Reset character stats

WilsonRoch

Landlubber
I recently started a new character in the New Horizons and decided to make a naval officer in the freeplay, although the stats seems a bit too "overpowered" to me.
I would like to know if there is a way to reset it, maybe through console commands. I even tried to start a new game as a castaway and use the command to join the navy, I get the message that the comand was executed but everything stays the same.

Last edited:
I talked to father Bernard and even other priests, but I didn't had the option to reset my stats. Bernard only gave me a few quests about finding a cross and another about investing a priest.
The tailor only offers me skins to buy...

Other priests certainly won't reset your character.

Looking at the code for Father Bernard and for tailors, the option to reset your character is only available if you use the old skill system from the original game, in which you get skill points and can assign them to whichever skills you like. By default, the Build Mod is set to a different system by which you earn skills relevant to what you have been doing - you won't learn much about cannons if you never use them, for example. And the tailor also requires cheat mode to be enabled.

The setting for skills should be somewhere in the "Options" menu. Press F1 to go to the main screen, go to "Options", and see if you can find the setting - it should be under the realism settings somewhere.

The setting for cheat mode is in "PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h". If you want to use a tailor to reset your character, you'll need to edit that file; the setting for cheat mode is right at the bottom.

Back