• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Rescuing Roxanne

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Roxanne Lalliere has been kidnapped by Johan Elting, you've found out from the governor of Puerto la Cruz that she's being held in the fort, and now you have to kill a lot of soldiers including the fort commander so that you can steal his key to get into the lower level to release Roxanne.

On a couple of occasions when I tried this, the commander's body was under a pile of soldiers' bodies. There seems to be a bug whereby, if lots of corpses are stacked like this, the loot boxes associated with them do not always all show up, so I couldn't find the commander's body and could not steal the keys.

See also:
Difficulty balancing?
... in which someone else appears to have had the same problem.

Also, it is possible that a player might have disabled corpse looting in the "Options" menu, in which case it will be impossible to get the key.

Suggestion: at case "dentro_forte", instead of giving the key to "Fort Captain", set up a quest case which gives you the key automatically, triggered by the death of "Fort Captain". That means you don't need to dig through a pile of bodies in the hope of finding the commander, and you can still continue if you disabled corpse looting.

Suggestion: at case "dentro_forte", instead of giving the key to "Fort Captain", set up a quest case which gives you the key automatically, triggered by the death of "Fort Captain". That means you don't need to dig through a pile of bodies in the hope of finding the commander, and you can still continue if you disabled corpse looting.

Can you implement this code?
For now, I 'm working on a small quest for Joaquim de Almeida.

Certainly. I did something similar in "Ardent", in which you also need to steal a key from a dead officer, right near the start of the game. If corpse looting is disabled then you get the key automatically when you kill the officer. So I just copied the code from "Ardent" and removed the condition so you always get the fort commander's keys when he dies.

Back