• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Request

GhostOfDeath91

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
Hello,

I am writing this topic because I have a request to the modder. In the Build mod 14, I "fear of sea." However, when I go to a store or a yard. They walk me back because I am "evil". :modding

What I find silly to me ... I guess they would have done in fear is like in games "Fable".

Anyway, is there anyone could help me remove this?

It's quite debilitating, it shows no interest in playing the way Beckett or Barbossa... :?

Thank you in advance.

What nation is the store/shipyard owner and what is that nation's relation to you?
We changed the code for this to be a lot more reasonable than before, but they still won't always deal with you.
Basically, the better your reputation, the more easy you can trade with them, but also the more friendly their nation is with you, the better it works.
So if you have a bad reputation AND their nation is not friendly with you, it isn't going to work.
Except when you've got a big fleet that they cannot afford to ignore because otherwise you can blow the fort to smithereens. For example.

This is the relevant code in PROGRAM\Characters\CharacterUtilite.c:
Code:
	// PB: Recoded Checks -->

// -- Town fight strength vs. squadron fight strength --

// Store/shipyard owner can be intimidated if player has three times more crew than the town has troops
int ttroops = GetTownNumTroops(Locations[locIdx].townsack);
int ptroops = GetSquadronCrewQuantity(char);

if(ptroops > ttroops * 3) strengthcomp = true;

// -- Actual Checks --

// If you are Hostile with their nation, but you are a Hero
if(rel <= REL_WAR         && rep >  TRADEREP_ALL                     ) return true ;

// If their nation is Wary of you, but you are Neutral or better
if(rel <= REL_AFTERATTACK && rep >  TRADEREP_NEUTRAL                 ) return true ;

// If their nation is better than Wary and you are a Swindler or better
if(rel >  REL_AFTERATTACK && rep >= TRADEREP_STRENGTH                ) return true ;

// If their nation is better than Wary, you are worse than a Swindler, but you can intimidate them
if(rel >  REL_AFTERATTACK && rep <  TRADEREP_STRENGTH && strengthcomp) return true ;

// You have a Letter of Marque with the nation and have been promoted at least once
if(GetRank(GetMainCharacter(), mNation) > 0                          ) return true ;

// Pirates will not talk to you if you are too much of a nice guy
if(mNation == PIRATE      && rep >  TRADEREP_NEUTRAL                 ) return false;

// PB: Recoded Checks <--

Just remove that whole block of code and just stick in:
Code:
return true ;
That'll make them always trade with you.

I think I did what you told me, but I had to make a mistake because I made a new game altogether and merchants walk me back...

You can explain me in detail?

Try to put attached file in PROGRAM\Characters, overwriting the file already there.
That should make it always work.

Thank you but now the game does not want to open....

helpy.jpg

I just tried with the copy of the file I just uploaded and it works fine. Maybe my file contains some stuff that isn't yet in your version; can you upload your version from before my modifications?

Attached file is the one you posted and should therefore work with the TradeCheck code replaced with "always true". If this doesn't work for you, I don't know what will. :facepalm

Back