• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Depends on your definition of "quick". Killing an item trader drops your reputation and also triggers a big fight. ;)

Another way to foul up your reputation is to attack a ship while flying a friendly flag. Again, this is not advisable unless you're ready to deal with the immediate consequence, which is finishing the battle against that ship and any friends it may have.

Depends on your definition of "quick". Killing an item trader drops your reputation and also triggers a big fight. ;)
It quickly drops your reputation. And gets you into trouble equally quickly. :wp

Another way to foul up your reputation is to attack a ship while flying a friendly flag. Again, this is not advisable unless you're ready to deal with the immediate consequence, which is finishing the battle against that ship and any friends it may have.
I can't remember if that still affects reputation; we've gone back and forth on that quite a bit.
What I do know for sure is that completing an attack by sinking/capturing a ship while still flying a flag friendly to that ship does have severe effects on your Nation Relations.

I'm pretty sure my reputation dropped rapidly when, during a playthrough of "Tales of a Sea Hawk" under the 28th July version plus fixes, I was trying to escape Speightstown in Rabel Yverneau's ship and fired back at the ships attacking me without remembering to change flag first. (Your flag has been auto-hoisted to French, the ships attacking you are French, so the penalty applied.)

I'm pretty sure my reputation dropped rapidly when, during a playthrough of "Tales of a Sea Hawk" under the 28th July version plus fixes, I was trying to escape Speightstown in Rabel Yverneau's ship and fired back at the ships attacking me without remembering to change flag first. (Your flag has been auto-hoisted to French, the ships attacking you are French, so the penalty applied.)
Then probably something still remained. I wished I could remember, but it changed so many times that I just can't recall.
Relevant code is somewhere in the SEA_AI folder though; that much I do know.

Back