• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Relentless Pirate Lady in La Tortue Tavern

ExtincE

Sailor Apprentice
Hey Fella's,

Again a possible bug encountered in my Freeplay playthrough, this time in La Tortue Tavern.

In the Nathaniel Hawk story mode, La Tortue is a pirate port. In it's tavern, there is a lady in red which will instakill you regardless of blocking, sword, abilities or armor. That is, if you talk to her while being hostile with Pirates. If you get in to combat with her, but exit the Tavern, she resets her assaults until you speak with her again.

In Freeplay however, Tortue is a French port rather than a Pirate port. Upon visiting it, I noticed her again. Curious what her interaction would be now La Tortue is French, I spoke to her again. To my surprise, she is still under the impression that she's on a Pirate island and the same happens as in Nathaniel Hawk's storyline.

There's one big difference though: she doesn't chill out anymore. Whenever I enter the tavern, no matter how many days pass, her warcry echoes through the halls and she attacks me or my passengers on-sight. I can't reset it, and because she insta-kills regardless of your defence, HP, Melee, abilities, sword or armor stats, I can't kill her either.

Sadly i'm really scared of Save file corruptions so always keep my amount of saves to a minimum and frequently delete saves, so I didn't have a save from before talking to her anymore. So, other than starting over, any way to make her stop?

Latest build version, installer + fix archive are in play here. I'm neutral to all factions aside from the pirates and not in service with any nation, playing as a merchant that really is a smuggler.

On a smuggling sidenote: might there be something done about the price of Ebony? Cuba is right next to Jamaica and, at least in my game, Cuba is selling Ebony for ~200 per unit (both the French and the Spanish town), whereas the smugglers on Jamaica are paying 1400 a unit for it, less than a day worldmap travel away. They pay triple the price for Ebony than any other smuggler where Ebony is contraband, while also being the island closest to it's contraband exporting location in the game. Bit broken imo. Went from Castaway to Millionaire in the blink of an eye.

Cheers,
ExtincE

La Tortue, alias Tortuga, is always French except in the "Jack Sparrow" storyline, or if you join the Pirate nation by signing up with the boss pirate on Nevis. But it's friendly to pirates, so you can always sail in under a pirate flag. Mary Wood isn't fooled by a false pirate flag; if you're not a genuine pirate, she will be hostile. But she should not attack until after a dialog.

I don't know why Mary Wood isn't resetting. Try copying this into the "PROGRAM" folder. Run the game, be on La Tortue but not in the tavern, press F12, and then go to the tavern and see what she does. (When you press F12, you should get an on-screen message "Executed Console".)

As for saves, I always save while I'm in port and just about to board the ship. I don't overwrite that save until I'm back at the same port, or at least the same island. So I keep a good trail of saves from the most recently visited ports. If saves start becoming corrupted, or if something in the game goes wrong, I can go back to a relatively recent save.

Attachments

• console.c
    35.4 KB · Views: 168
It's always French? That's interesting.. I guess the Pirates captured it from the French then in my Nathaniel Hawk storyline :D it definitely attacked me if I didnt have a pirate flag above my ship, and I wasn't hostile to france..

I'll try to use your save mechanic, it makes sense. And the console trick. Hope it works!

Interesting. Overwriting the console.c in PROGRAM with the one you supplied resulted in no console command executed message turning up when hitting F12. At least not on Tortuga. All other F keys do what they are supposed to tho

In that case, after you press F12, there should be a file "error.log" at the top level of your game installation folder. Could you upload that, please?

The "Tales of a Sea Hawk" storyline should not affect La Tortue in any way. It doesn't involve La Tortue. It's the same story as was in the original, unmodded game, and the unmodded game doesn't have La Tortue. Just to be 100% certain I loaded up my own savegame from past the end of the storyline, and the island is still French La Tortue, not pirate Tortuga. The only ways I know to change La Tortue to pirate (apart from capturing it and giving it to the pirates yourself) are by playing the "Jack Sparrow" storyline or by joining the Pirate nation, which you do by talking to the pirate boss on Nevis.

Here is the Error Log.

I had a savefile in La Tortue Port. Went back to ship, went to world map, back to ship and back to port, hit F12 (after which nothing happens) and closed the game.

The error log says there is something wrong with line 18. I guessed it was a typo as line 18 starts with "LAi" I guessed the L doesn't belong in front of Ai there, so I removed the L and saved the document. Now the error log says:
COMPILE ERROR - file: console.c; line: 18
Undeclared identifier: Ai_group_MoveCharacter

Attachments

• error.log
    500 bytes · Views: 186
Last edited:
The error log says there is something wrong with line 18. I guessed it was a typo as line 18 starts with "LAi" I guessed the L doesn't belong in front of Ai there, so I removed the L and saved the document. Now the error log says:
COMPILE ERROR - file: console.c; line: 18
Undeclared identifier: Ai_group_MoveCharacter
"LAi_group_MoveCharacter" is correct. "Ai_group_MoveCharacter" does not exist, which is why you got that error.

TORTUGA_CITIZENS does not exist either. It should have quotes round it to make it a fixed string. Either change the line to this:
Code:
LAi_group_MoveCharacter(CharacterFromID("Mary Wood"), "TORTUGA_CITIZENS");
Or download the file again; I've corrected "TORTUGA_CITIZENS" and re-uploaded it.

By the way, below that line is a "DumpAttributes" command. If you get the "Executed Console" line and Mary Wood still attacks you, please post "compile.log". This should tell us some useful things about Mary Wood.

new console.c upload worked, F12 executed the command now and upon entering at first Mary walked about with her sword drawn and her hand held really awkwardly for a couple of seconds, then she sheathed it and all seems to be fine now :)

Back