• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[RELEASE] Gunboat!

<!--`QuoteBegin-Fred_Bob`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fred_Bob)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->How dis awesome boat be overlooked fer de Build be beyond ol' Fred Bob!  :)[/quote]It's a mystery that grows curiouser and curiouser as days go by... :cheers

Would like tew figure out how tew make de ship stats like number o' cannons, ship type, etc. show up better in de Shipyard Interface. Right now, ye cain't tell Skelly Bob's Gunboat from de reg'lar Tartane. So's thar be some further spiffin' up dat be needin' doin' fer de Gunboat tew be mo' mainstream! :rolleyes:

Also, De way Fred Bob be makin' de POTC file, thar should be 19 max crew, but it still showin' as 12! Fred bob thought he be havin' dis werkin' befer when he be makin' max crew be 30... mebbe it be likin' even numbers o' crew only? :blah:

Aye, Nathan, de stats be right in de shio_init file, matey! Fred Bob be thinkin' thar may be a mo' general problem in de Shipyard Interface an' Ship Status interfaces wrt to readin' de ship_init.c file correctly! Ye know how thar generally be two o' each kinda ship, wid each supposed tew have slightly different stats den de udder? Well as of Build 11, each pair o' ships be havin' exactly de same stats! Weird thang be dat although stats LOOK de same, they seem tew be different behind de scenes, as Fred Bob learnt from de case o' Skelly Bob's Gunboat. Also noticed dat de order o' de ships in de ships_init file be different between Build 11 and 10.1. Perhaps ol' Cap'n Schefflow or yerself been tinkerin' down in de bilge wid thangs? Please take a look when ye be feelin' inclined, matey, an' see if'n ye agrees wid Fred Bob's observation! ;)

Edit: Fergot tew mention, Fred Bob be adding de Gunboat tew build 10.1 last night an' ALL de ship stats looked FINE in de Shipyard Interface an' de Ship Status Interface. Appears dat sumptin' changed wrt dis from 10.1 tew 11. :yes

Uh oh, when Fred Bob be lapsing into formal "with respect to" mode, we better worry!
Unless that's, wid respec' to. :d:
But I digress.

IRT moving ships around, IIRC the only moved one is the tartane2, to be with the other tartane (so there's not one at the beginning _and_ one at the end of the list).

(Looking at code from patch)
Ah, _now_ I get it.
I thought you were adding it as a new ship.
The reason the stats change is due to NK/HFM changing stats on any model that starts with tar. If you want to skip that, add refShip.no_nkhfm_modstats, or whatever it is (see below).

Much easier (and IMO better) to implement as a new ship. As it stands, you're overwriting the original tartane2 model.

If you _do_ want to replace tartane2, change the refShip.Name entry for tartane2 to point to a different folder, and rename the GB's folder and GMs that.

"Adding ships to b11" thread should explain more. :d:

That seems to work for me, but then instead of being able to buy the ship, it's picture is greyed out at the shipyard, also, my ships all have the same stats like FB's. That is, Yacht1 and Yacht2 have the same stats displayed, etc. How do I restore the ship differences?

"Adding ships to b11" thread should explain more.
YArr! Nathan! Fred Bob done added de Gunboat as a new ship as ye suggested an' now de stats looks like what be wanted! Also succeeded in gittin' de ship name tew show up in de ship innerface.

Problems as follers;

1) Cain't git de big picture tew show up right. De one fer de Tartane be showin' but it be faded, not lit up. De Tartane BigPic be okay, but jus' want it tew light up correctly.

2) De Battle Interface picture be showin' up but fer de wrong ship class. First it be showin' fer Class 4 an' anudder time fer Class 5!

3) Me LowResMen no longer be walkin' de deck! Do ye need tew edit de *_path.gm file or sumptin'? Tried editin' de path within dat file but it ba makin' de game lock up when goin' tew sea... so no crw fer now.

4) Although Skelly's Bob's gunboat be havin' 2 guns per side, only one gun actually be firin'... guess dat be fer Skelly Bob tew sort out.

Any suggestions? Thanks! :d:

Nifty!
(Not the problems, but that it did -mostly- work. :) )

OK. What PRS2 tag(s) did you add?

Also, you'll need to add the rigtype, cp, and bp tags for NK/HFM since the model name is not recognizable to NK/HFM.

I'd recommend going Cat's route of using all and then `custom-naming`, i.e.
refShip.all = "tartane2";
refship.sname = "gunboat"; //adding string = gunboat,"gunboat" or whatever to common.ini
(with no _other_ PRS2 tags defined; let PRS2 read them from the all tag).

As that way it _should_ handle the walk, BI, bigpic, etc., based on tartane2.

Dis be what Fred Bob has in ships_init.c, Nathan:

makeref(refShip,ShipsTypes[n]);
n++;
refShip.Name = "GunboatSB";
refShip.all = "Tartane2";
refShip.sname = "GunboatSB";
refShip.No_NK_HFM_modstats = true;
refShip.id = refShip.Name; // PSX
curid = refShip.id; ShipLookupTable.id.(curid) = `n-1`; // PS
refShip.Class = 7;
refShip.Cannon = CANNON_TYPE_CANNON_LBS12;
refShip.MaxCaliber = 12;
refShip.Weight = Tonnes2CWT(15);
refShip.Capacity = 55;
refShip.CannonsQuantity = 5;
refShip.MaxCrew = 30;
refShip.MinCrew = 3;
refShip.SpeedRate = 12;
refShip.TurnRate = 60;
refShip.Price = 1500;
refShip.HP = 150;
refShip.SP = 100;
refShip.AbordageLocation = "BOARDING_TARTANE";

refShip.WaterLine = 0.0;
refShip.SpeedDependWeight = 0.3;
refShip.SubSeaDependWeight = 0.3;
refShip.TurnDependWeight = 0.8;

refShip.InertiaAccelerationX = 3.0; refShip.InertiaBrakingX = 2.0;
refShip.InertiaAccelerationY = 14; refShip.InertiaBrakingY = 5;
refShip.InertiaAccelerationZ = 5.0; refShip.InertiaBrakingZ = 3.0;

Huh.
That _is_ weird.

Is it the last thing in the array, below the entry for tartane2?
Eh, make it point to tartane1 just in case.

But it _should_ *&(& work.

Oh, the other thing is, you'll need to add the following:
refShip.rigtype = "tar";
refShip.ClosestPoint = 0.2;
refShip.BestPoint = 0.6;

Since NK/HFM won't recognize the rig type automatically.

But again, other than that, it _should_ work.

If it still behaves strangely, can you turn on error logging (edit engine.ini, set tracefilesoff = 0) and then post the logs?
Or, email, as compile.log will be a bit long.

Arrr, Nathan! :cheers

1) Set refShip.all = "Tartane1";

an' 2) added

refShip.rigtype = "tar";
refShip.ClosestPoint = 0.2;
refShip.BestPoint = 0.6;

an' now de BI, BigPic, an' Lomen be showin' up as expected! :):

Last naggin' thang be de path de Lomen be walkin', which seems tew overlap a lot an' be crowded. Fred Bob be wonderin' if'n de GunboatSB_path.gm file bein' honored or not, which supposed tew be linked tew de tartane.walk file... :)

Great!

Re: walk. The path file is the path for _you_, i.e. the areas you're allowed to walk.
The sea people/things using loman model/lil' critters use _only_ the walk file, which currently is set to tartane1's, since SB didn't IIRC provide a new one.
So that'd be why.
I believe Mehrunes mentioned that the first set of variables in there are the xyz,xyz,xyz,xyz etc. coords of the various vertices of the walk file; so if you want (heh, and have time...) you can try adjusting them to better fit the GB.

Oh, it'd be sea_aiwalktartane_walk.c

And if you do want to take that on, you just make a copy, rename it what you like, and open it up and change all instances of tartane to gunboat.
Then:
Open Sea_AIshipWalk.c
Add top, add new #include pointing to new walk file
Then, in the init section, add Gunboat_walk_init();, say, after fearless.
Then, in the next section, after the fearless bit, add
Code:
//FredBob -->

case "Gunboat": 

SendMessage(PeopleOnShip,"lileee",AI_MESSAGE_ADD_SHIP,ship, Gunboat_walk_count, &Gunboat_walk_verts, &Gunboat_walk_graph, &Gunboat_walk_types);

//SendMessage(WALK_TOOL,"lslee", AI_MESSAGE_ADD_SHIP, "Gunboat", Gunboat_walk_count, &Gunboat_walk_verts, &Gunboat_walk_graph, &Gunboat_walk_types);

break;

//FredBob <--

And then, last but not least, in the ships_init section, you add, after refship.all line,
Code:
refShip.walk = "gunboat";
Since now it _will_ have a walk file of its own.

Which also made me fix a typo in the fearless sendmessage when I first added Surak'nar's code... :yes
{You'll note that one of the arrays sent via sendmessage is still BLACKPEARL_xxxxx rather than Fearless_xxxx}

Done! :blah:

Skelly Bob's Gunboat kin now be added tew Mod Build 11 as a NEW ship an' no longer be overwritin' de Tartane2! Also, all de ship stats be lookin' okay now in de interfaces! Jus' foller de general directions fer installin' de mod usin' Viper's ModPatcher (included in de ZIP) writ above by ol' Fred Bob! :cheers

Download it fromHERE :blah:

Nathan, thankee fer de hep! Mebbe later Fred Bob'll try messin' wid de walk file, but since ye be clarifying dat it be fer ME a walkin' de deck, Fred Bob be thinkin' de Tartane one be werkin' purty good so far! :yes

And you can now download it on the PA! database at Here

gunboat.jpg

Cheers skel bob and FB :will

Back