• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[RELEASE] Gunboat!

<!--`QuoteBegin-Skeleton` Bob+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skeleton Bob)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
gunboat3.jpg
[/img][/quote]

Oh, yes! :b: I'll tell you exactly what I plan for her, I want her for my first ship, and then I want to use her to take a number of larger ships, which builds my experience score that much quicker!

Since she's armed, I can do something with her I CAN'T do with a Tartane, which is to attack and board a neutral ship.

I'm really eager for this ship! Er, boat! :mrgreen:

<!--`QuoteBegin-Sailor_Al`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sailor_Al)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Oh, yes!   :D  I'll tell you exactly what I plan for her, I want her for my first ship, and then I want to use her to take a number of larger ships, which builds my experience score that much quicker!

Since she's armed, I can do something with her I CAN'T do with a Tartane, which is to attack and board a neutral ship.

I'm really eager for this ship! Er, boat!  :mrgreen:[/quote]

Arrr! Thar ain't no waitin' here fer ol' Fred Bob! Looky here, Sailor Al! 8)

Skelly_Bobs_Gunboat.JPG

Fred Bob be on his way to a plunderin'! Shortly after dis, Fred Bob boarded an' took a pirate sloop! :):

Jus' five minutes werk an' dis here ship, uh boat, be a sailin' fer ye, matey! :)

BTW, in addition tew follerin' Skelly Bob's fine instructions, Fred Bob increased de max crew tew 30. :b: De hitpoints be a lowly 100, so ye better fend off from yer prey so's ye don't bump too hard an' sink! :D

It has a ships cabin to what I like about its cheap, 8 units of wheat and 4 of rum,you can stay out at sea for 3 months with 12 crew.I took out a lugger with 12 crew no officers,totaly a blast :cheers:

<!--`QuoteBegin-jmv575`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jmv575)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->30 guys?  In that thing?[/quote]
Pack 'em in like sardines! :cheeky Fred Bob ain't crossin' de Atlantic, jus' runnin' out tew acost de local traffic! :cheers

I really love it!

I guest that you remake the cannon too, hugh? It look nice, very nice! like a carronade!

Hehe, looks like Fred Bob found himself a new toy :cheeky

I'm glad you like it !!

*cough* Can someone make a .potc file (mod patcher) for it please? *cough* :?

I'm already working on a new ship (yes, a ship! :cheeky )!
A tutorial also will follow soon.

Cheers
:cheers:

Skelly Bob

It's name begins with "I" .....

.....and ends with "NTERCEPTOR" :cheers

(or "Lady Washington" if you prefer.)

yeah!! woohooo! the interceptor is a cool boat! can't wait to have it in my game! and btw. nice boat you've made Bob! :cheers

WOW .. very nice coastal gunboat thats exatly what im waitig for we need so or so more lowlevelship`s too give the game more motiviation .

@Surakner nice Preview Frigates go dammit i must starting modelling :)

this game has so much potential this stuff is very amazing guys :)

"Why is the Gunboat displayed as Class 0 instead of 7 ?
Is it possible to make the swivel guns ..... swivel guns (codewise)?
Can someone help me with packaging the boat with the `mod-patcher` tool?"

1. BI pics have the class number written on them; `128-size` pics have the class number dynamically generated. When the tartan's BI pic was made, they wrote 0 on it. :cheers

2. Hmm. I dunno if they'll update during gameplay, but we should be able to play with the arcs.

Re: code: sure!
I can walk you through it, or you can post what characteristics you'll want her to have and I'll set to work.
First is preferred, of course. :cheeky

<!--`QuoteBegin-Skeleton` Bob+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skeleton Bob)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->*cough* Can someone make a .potc file (mod patcher) for it please? *cough*  :cheeky[/quote]

Here ye go, Skelly Bob! :cheers

it'd be nice that if your ship is sunk or you're boarded and lose that you are put out in that boat or a tartane.. it'd be pretty cool

i think it would be cool that if you lose your boat you will be put on an island away from the town... like grey rock bay or far beach... just a thought.. :cheers

Thanks Fred Bob for making the .potc file !! :cheers:

you should have included the tartane2_path.gm, since it's modified (but not really necessary)

NK, i have a proposal for you:

You include the gunboat in the next build .......

.......and I will praise you for doing so :mrgreen:

Sounds good, ey? :cheeky :cheeky

Skelly Bob

Skeleton Bob said:
Thanks Fred Bob for making the .potc file !! :cheeky:

you should have included the tartane2_path.gm, since it's modified (but not really necessary)

Really? :cheers Fred Bob be comparin' de dates between de Release version files an' de files in yer RAR an' only de one GM file be lookin' changed at all... :| Please be `double-checking` yer RAR tew make sure de modified path file made it into de RAR file! :cheeky

Fred Bob'll add all de files from yer RAR an' make a new POTC file if necessary! :?

Wow all that stuff looks great, look forward to seeing all of that stuff in ganme, having the sub will add a bit more spice to the battles also :cheers

Back