• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Real Pirates! Weekly Piracy Report!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
[imgleft]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_cQOyQjTP3GY/SzdzfGWk3nI/AAAAAAAAAIg/CePEMJs6IBk/real-pirates.gif[/imgleft]I'm a bit late with this one this week, I have been a bit busy with all the forum changes that have been going on( Looks awesome Keith! :onya ) and my work on the upcoming manual for "New Horizons". I am still debating on whether or not I am going to start posting my pirate news as a blog or keep it as a forum thread, until i decide for sure, you can always find the latest news HERE! It's been quite an active week on the real pirates front. There have been a couple of vessels released after the pirates received ransoms, and a couple of new hijackings as well. This is the first post with the new style so things may look a bit wonky until i get it all figured out. Anyway, here is the ICC's live piracy report for this past week :

Live Piracy Report

The IMB Live Piracy Report displays all Piracy and Armed Robbery incidents reported to the IMB Piracy Reporting Centre in the last ten days. Click on the map for more details.

Incident Details:

28.12.2009: 1610 UTC: Posn: 03:22S – 059:44E: Off Somalia.

Pirates attacked and hijacked a bulk carrier underway. The hijackers are sailing the vessel to Somali coast. Further reports awaited.

28.12.2009: 1449 UTC: Posn: 12:58N – 048:34E: Gulf of Aden.

Pirates attacked and hijacked a chemical tanker underway. The hijackers are sailing the tanker to an undisclosed location in Somalia. Further reports awaited.

28.12.2009: 1230 UTC: Posn: 01:04.7N – 103:38.5E: Singapore Straits.

About six small unlit boats chased a chemical tanker underway. Pirates from one boat attempted to board. The tanker made evasive manoeuvres and enforced anti piracy measures and prevented the boarding.

27.12.2009: 1230 LT: Posn: 08:28N – 061:01E: Off Somalia.

While underway, a container ship detected a white-hull fishing vessel with two small craft on each side. The fishing vessel lowered one craft, which chased the ship for around 45 minutes before aborting the attempt due to preventive measures.

28.12.2009: 0020 LT: Lagos anchorage, Nigeria.

Robbers armed with automatic weapons attacked and boarded an anchored general cargo ship. They assaulted and fire at the crew. Three-crew were injured. The robbers stole crew personal properties and ship's stores and equipment. Master's attempt to contact authorities and agents for assistance were futile. The IMB PRC received the distress message from the ship and relayed to the Nigerian authorities requesting to render assistance for the injured crew. At dawn, agents sent a boat to evacuate the injured crews' to shore for medical treatment.

18.12.2009: Gulf of Aden.

Pirates attacked and hijacked a fishing vessel with its 15-crew members. The fishing vessel hull is red and white in colour. It is believed that the pirates may use it as a mother vessel to attack other vessels. All ships are advised to be cautious.

22.12.2009: 1710 UTC : Posn: 03:55.5N - 098:46.1E: Belawan anchorage, Indonesia.

Five robbers armed with knives boarded a container ship unnoticed. They tied-up the hands and feet of the duty AB and stole ship's properties and ship's stores. Alarm raised and crew alerted. Robbers escaped with stolen items. Incident reported to coastal authorities.

16.12.2009: 1700 LT: Posn: 02:45.70S – 042:37.11E, Off Somalia.

About nine pirates armed with guns in a small boat attacked, boarded and hijacked a dhow underway along with its 13 crewmembers.

15.12.2009: 0000 UTC: Posn: 05:38.8N – 000:02.9E, Tema roads, Ghana.

Ten robbers armed with machetes boarded a container ship at anchor via the anchor chain. They held three-duty crew, threatened them with the machetes at their throats and tied them up to bollards. The robbers stole ship's property and stores from forward store and escaped. Port control informed. A patrol boat was sent to the location.

20.12.2009: 0345 LT: Posn: South of Tanjung Ayam, Singapore Straits.

Four robbers armed with long knives boarded a tug and took hostage the oiler. Alert duty AB saw the robbers and informed the duty officer who raised the alarm. Seeing the alert crew the robbers escaped with stolen ship's stores.

18.12.2009: 1823 LT: Posn: 09:17.8N – 014:49.3W: Off Conakry, Guinea.

Pirates armed with machine guns in a speedboat approached and fired upon a chemical tanker drifting. The tanker, increased speed, enforced anti piracy measures, reported to authorities and prevented the pirates from boarding it. No injuries to crew.

If you get tired of waiting for me to get around to posting it, you can always find the live report and maps HERE!

Not a word mate! Your secret is safe with me! :wp

Back