• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Question about gold

Kai

Landlubber
Ahoy mateys, I was looking at the FAQ and noticed that it says you can turn on
#define UNLIMITEDLOOT. However I cannot seem to find this line in the file, I searched for it using ctrl-f but it doesn't seem to be there. Would it work if i simply add the line at the bottom myself?
Thanks in advance.

That is now obsolete. The toggle was removed and replaced by the Merchant Licence, which does the same thing but you get it in the game rather than by editing "InternalSettings.h". You can get a Merchant Licence free by playing a merchant character, and you also get one free when playing "Tales of a Sea Hawk". Otherwise you need to find one of the merchant offices and buy the Merchant Licence, and it's expensive.

You can get a Merchant Licence free by playing a merchant character, and you also get one free when playing "Tales of a Sea Hawk".
Technically only the first half there is true.
But since the default for the Standard Storyline is to start as a Merchant, you'll normally get it.
If you change the player type though, then you skip the Merchant License too.

Interesting problem. Looking at "WIC Officer_dialog.c", it seems the price of a Merchant Licence is 1000000 gold. That's also about the limit at which the crew start getting upset. So you probably can't buy the licence until the crew are already becoming envious. Presumably it works retroactively; if the crew is envious and you then dash off to get the Merchant Licence, they stop being envious.

Interesting problem. Looking at "WIC Officer_dialog.c", it seems the price of a Merchant Licence is 1000000 gold. That's also about the limit at which the crew start getting upset. So you probably can't buy the licence until the crew are already becoming envious. Presumably it works retroactively; if the crew is envious and you then dash off to get the Merchant Licence, they stop being envious.

I'v had a look around some of the main islands but can't seem to find the merchant offices. Do you know which island they are located on? Thanks again.

The EITC office is in Port Royale, Jamaica. The WIC office is in Willemstad, Curacao.

It is indeed 1 million. I just put in an astronomically high number, since if your crew is getting envious, probably you can afford quite a bit.

Good point about " the crew getting upset limit" though. That one is at one million ABOVE the monthly expenses.
So it might just work out. I've got to admit, I didn't think about that when I decided on the number though....

I'v had a look around some of the main islands but can't seem to find the merchant offices. Do you know which island they are located on? Thanks again.
If you get the latest Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP EXE (skip the ZIP for now!), then there are Fast Travel icons available for both locations.

Back