• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Questing

danitim1

Sanka Da Vinci
Storm Modder
Hi everyone! Idk what happen to my last post of the quest I was creating for the game, but ok, Looks like ill have to start a new one. I would like to move the character inside the prision, but it seams that I cant do it :/

Attachments

• seadogs2_0000.jpg
    seadogs2_0000.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 350
Why cant you?
What is preventing you?

He probably isn't familiar with the function calls to do it.
Should be an easy answer, but I can't provide it right now.

Why cant you?
What is preventing you?
I used the ardent files, the issue was after this update, my quest did not work anymore, it started with Tia Dalma going to the player instead of the Spanish Captain. So, I skipped this part of the quest, and went right straight to the prision, but the problem is that I cant put the character inside with the command line DoQuestReloadToLocation("Havana_prison", "goto", "goto9", "In_jail");

The line:
Code:
DoQuestReloadToLocation("Havana_prison", "goto", "goto9", "In_jail");
The arguments have the following use:
1th ("Havana_prison") - This is the location you will be teleported to
2nd ("goto") - This is the group of locators which will be picked to pick a locator from
3th ("goto9") - This is the locator picked from this group, you will be moved to this locator
4th ("In_jail") - This is the questscase which will be called after the load is complete

I think with this info you should be able to tell what is going wrong

I would like to move the character inside the prision, but it seams that I cant do it :/
Do you want to move the player character or an NPC?

For NPCs, you would need ChangeCharacterAddress or ChangeCharacterAddressGroup .

I used the ardent files, the issue was after this update, my quest did not work anymore, it started with Tia Dalma going to the player instead of the Spanish Captain. So, I skipped this part of the quest, and went right straight to the prision, but the problem is that I cant put the character inside with the command line DoQuestReloadToLocation("Havana_prison", "goto", "goto9", "In_jail");
That puts you into jail. Then it switches to quest case "In_jail". If you don't have a quest case "In_jail", it won't work. Replace that with the name of the quest case which deals with what happens after you've been moved into jail.

Considerably further into "Ardent", a prisoner is put into jail. Also in "Hornblower", there's a point at which Mrs. Mason and Maria Mason are put into jail. The command you want is:
Code:
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Wilfred Roscoe"), "Havana_prison", "goto", "goto9");
Replace "Wilfred Roscoe" with the ID of the character you want to imprison.

Back