• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Queen Anne Revenge Capture

Ben Coats

Freebooter
i had to go get the shipyard documents from Belize and bring them back to barbados, enroute back after repairs in Port Royale, i ran into 3 pirateships one of them being "Queen Anne Revenge", i went strait for it, but one of the other ships was in the way, i boarded and sank them with ease, but asi was side by side with QAR it never did bring up the boarding grappling hook, i even hit enter to see if it was in the top left corner and it wasnt, i knocked all the sails off of it, circled @ least 3 times, and never could board it, the message "offer gold/demand gold, continue voage came up and i had to take it and leave other wise he wouldve destroyed me. WTH???? never seen this before of a non-capturable ship.
:thumbsdown2:nogood

start2013-01-0400-30-44-38_zps2bc9c5d2.png

for 30 sec. of side by side action i never could board, even after i had knocked all sails off :'(

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/use...f Pirates Game/seabattle_zpse70947ac.mp4.html

You'll have to wait for MK or someone else who knows the inner workings of the game better than I do to comment, but that sounds like the bug that prevents you from boarding anything.

the red enemy ship was 2nd in a 8 ship spanish convoy, i boarded the 1st and released it (had the wind in my favor) sailed down the line to the 2nd and it would not board, then i boared/released all the rest, but that one never did. just as with QAR above and the other ships in the vids.
:nogood
start2013-01-0515-33-36-30_zps41a8c3c4.png

ok i got another question? i have 3 ships:
1. War Pinnace (flag ship)
2. Heavy Line ship
3. La Licorne
thats my squad right now i also have two stored ships:
1. Grune Warship
2. Dutch MoW
What should i do??? sell the HLS/LL and keep the GW/DMoW or sell the GW/DMoW and keep the HLS/LL? which works better? usually i just keep a few class 4,3,2's (1's when i can get my hands on them) @ port control to use later. but im fixxing to do the Gov Gen mission against Curraco, what is the best squad to use?
start2013-01-0523-01-06-44_zps3249bbc9.png

start2013-01-0523-00-55-39_zps3122b939.png

Hey Ben,

We never could get that surrender patch to work right. We really need Jonathan Aldridge or our French friend Phillipe to come back and help us. The best advice I can give is to not use the lips feature to interface with other ships if you want to take them. Also a reinit might help before you go into a big battle (make sure your chest is empty).

On Curacao, if you're getting ready to finish the questline, you need to get as many large ships as you can in your fleet. Check the stats in the ships_init file if you are unsure of what ships outclass others. Good Luck and have fun. :thumbs1 That is my favorite questline.

MK

right now i just switched, i deleted my Nathan Hawk character (yeh i gave up my hard fought class 1), and did him again, now i am just sailing around as an english pirate (not a pirate but have UK standing not doing any missions) all im doing is attacking dutch ships, just recently got in a sea battle with 5 HLS (Heavy Line Ships) i boarded the first one and captured it then got my sails all shot to hell, good thing is i took all the ammo (over 9000 of powder and 6000 cannon/bombshot) from my heavy galleon i had @ the start of the engagement and destroyed the rest of the military squad, forcing them to strike colors, when it was done and i made it back to port i had 32% of hull left and no sail. it was interesting (thought i had a screenshot of my ship after the action was over, but hit the wrong key and didnt get it.) went from like a level 20 all the way up to 27 on that one.

Back