• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Quartermaster divide the plunder

How about allowing you to talk to the quartermaster in your cabin as well as on the quarterdeck? At present the restriction is:
Code:
If (NPChar.quest.officertype == OFFIC_TYPE_QMASTER && FindCurrentDeck() == "ShipDeck" )
But if you're in a cabin, 'FindCurrentDeck()' will return "Cabin". It should be easy enough to code:
Code:
bool ValidDeck = (FindCurrentDeck() == "ShipDeck") || FindCurrentDeck() == "Cabin")
If (NPChar.quest.officertype == OFFIC_TYPE_QMASTER && ValidDeck)

Other than that, agreed and done! It's going into the next update.

Other than that, agreed and done! It's going into the next update.
Thanks

How about allowing you to talk to the quartermaster in your cabin as well as on the quarterdeck?

Yes that's what I meant by "but if elsewhere on the ship it can happen there too". Did you remove the reference to QM in "seadogs" because if there the code here doesn't allow division (so either that or add in "seadogs" as a valid deck too)

I take it the mooring restriction is just "if bCanEnterToLand ? so maybe the deck is irrelevant or does bCanEnterToLand persist once ashore?

I presume you found and removed my deliberate mistake (well mistake anyway) of leaving in
my testing
Code:
//switch(Rand(4))
                    switch(3)
when winmerging originally.

Last edited:
Yes that's what I meant by "but if elsewhere on the ship it can happen there too". Did you remove the reference to QM in "seadogs" because if there the code here doesn't allow division (so either that or add in "seadogs" as a valid deck too)
I'll add '|| FindCurrentDeck() == "Seadogs"' to the definition of "ValidDeck".

I take it the mooring restriction is just "if bCanEnterToLand ? so maybe the deck is irrelevant?
Not sure. I'll try it, see if I can talk to the quartermaster about dividing plunder on all decks where I can find him, see if I can do likewise while out at sea, and see if I can do likewise while on land.

I presume you found and removed my deliberate mistake (well mistake anyway) of leaving in
my testing
Code:
//switch(Rand(4))
                    switch(3)
when winmerging originally.
No, and I still can't find it - where is it?

I'll add '|| FindCurrentDeck() == "Seadogs"' to the definition of "ValidDeck".

Not sure. I'll try it, see if I can talk to the quartermaster about dividing plunder on all decks where I can find him, see if I can do likewise while out at sea, and see if I can do likewise while on land.

No, and I still can't find it - where is it?
LAi_Deck.c
Code:
    bPlace = false;
                    //switch(Rand(4))
                    switch(3)
                    {
                        case 0: bPlace = tmpChr.quest.officertype==OFFIC_TYPE_FIRSTMATE; break;
                        case 1: bPlace = tmpChr.quest.officertype==OFFIC_TYPE_NAVIGATOR; break;
                        case 2: bPlace = tmpChr.quest.officertype==OFFIC_TYPE_BOATSWAIN; break;
                        case 3: bPlace = tmpChr.quest.officertype==OFFIC_TYPE_QMASTER; break;
                        case 4: bPlace = tmpChr.quest.officertype==OFFIC_TYPE_DOCTOR; break;
                        // Aconcagua: TODO: whatabout the other officertypes???

I think therefore I will go with having to be on the ship and moored but with no restriction on where moored (or who privateer/pirate), if it's a hostile port you're presumably taking a chance with your false flag, if a deserted beach your crew may not be as happy about jumping ship but they ARE jumping ship and you can't replace them here, and if a friendly port everyone's happy because you can get new crew. Given placing the QM on deck works then that's where it will normally take place but if elsewhere on the ship it can happen there too. Finally if you don't want to bother with a QM you can swap officers in and out of the role it's your choice your immersion.
You're making a lot of sense there. :cheers

Do I read correctly that the location where you're moored will have some impact on what happens too?
I like that.

Originally I was going to suggest limiting it to locations with "_port" in the ID, so random jungle shores wouldn't be included.
But if they're less happy when you do it in the middle of nowhere than compared to a safe haven,
then the freedom remains while still giving an advantage to going through a bit more trouble of finding a better spot to do it. :onya

I'm not sure how you're planning to add it; but if the dialog option to divide is ALWAYS available,
then the officer's response can be used to explain the mechanics; for example:
- "At sea? Some crew will want to leave. But they cannot swim. We have to wait until we're moored somewhere."
- "This does seem like the middle of nowhere. The crew who leave aren't going to be too happy about having to walk all the way to town. But so be it."
- "The crew likes this port! They're going to be very happy about you dropping them off in such a nice spot."

I take it the mooring restriction is just "if bCanEnterToLand ? so maybe the deck is irrelevant or does bCanEnterToLand persist once ashore?
Confirmed, that works. The quartermaster can offer to divide plunder on any deck where he appears but not ashore, not even in port. On deck, the option appears when you are moored. It can also appear when you are at sea, but only if the anchor icon to moor is showing. If you're at sea away from port, whether near an island or out in deep sea after exiting worldmap out of range of any island, the option to divide plunder is not available.

Confirmed, that works. The quartermaster can offer to divide plunder on any deck where he appears but not ashore, not even in port. On deck, the option appears when you are moored. It can also appear when you are at sea, but only if the anchor icon to moor is showing. If you're at sea away from port, whether near an island or out in deep sea after exiting worldmap out of range of any island, the option to divide plunder is not available.
Great that sounds close enough to the intention (I guess if you're close enough to anchor the deserting/departing crew can swim for it :D )

Do I read correctly that the location where you're moored will have some impact on what happens too?
I like that.
Yes but only in the way the game would already treat you ie Hostile port you might have problems, shore the crew you lose can't be replaced (hope you still have enough to crew the ship!). You give me more credit than is due with working to make it more complex. I usually go for simple, less for me to break that way - although @Grey Roger seems to have ended up doing the work for this as it turns out!
Originally I was going to suggest limiting it to locations with "_port" in the ID, so random jungle shores wouldn't be included.
But if they're less happy when you do it in the middle of nowhere than compared to a safe haven,
then the freedom remains while still giving an advantage to going through a bit more trouble of finding a better spot to do it. :onya

I'm not sure how you're planning to add it; but if the dialog option to divide is ALWAYS available,
then the officer's response can be used to explain the mechanics; for example:
- "At sea? Some crew will want to leave. But they cannot swim. We have to wait until we're moored somewhere."
- "This does seem like the middle of nowhere. The crew who leave aren't going to be too happy about having to walk all the way to town. But so be it."
- "The crew likes this port! They're going to be very happy about you dropping them off in such a nice spot."

That sort of thing could be worked in later if it seems just too easy now to players and some further limitation required, for now you just don't get the dialogue unless the condition is met.

Yes but only in the way the game would already treat you ie Hostile port you might have problems, shore the crew you lose can't be replaced (hope you still have enough to crew the ship!). You give me more credit than is due with working to make it more complex. I usually go for simple, less for me to break that way - although @Grey Roger seems to have ended up doing the work for this as it turns out!
That sort of thing could be worked in later if it seems just too easy now to players and some further limitation required, for now you just don't get the dialogue unless the condition is met.
Fair enough. :doff

Back