• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

QA tester

Hi @9tailedfoxdragon, welcome! Please could you leave space in your signature to include your PC specs, as required for the QA team. That will be very useful for future feedback. :)

That might be the neatest solution, yes.

Today, I might have found a bug.I went to pilot the ship and my screen went black. It was working perfectly until then.

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    150.3 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:
This is a known issue, it has happened to me as well. Once you kill it and start the demo again, it should work fine.

I can't play for some reason.It is still hard for me to control the ship, its turning is bad and its drifting like a car.Another thing is when you shoot the cannonballs at the water, there is no splash or sound fx for it. Also, if I ram a boat into another, is something supposed to happen because nothing happens.Is there going to be a swimming ability on this, also the different textures and stuff.

Attachments

• 2015-12-20 (3).png
    2015-12-20 (3).png
    2 MB · Views: 431
  • 2015-12-20 (4).png
    2015-12-20 (4).png
    1.7 MB · Views: 446
  • 2015-12-20 (1).png
    2015-12-20 (1).png
    1.7 MB · Views: 438
Last edited:
Looking through your screenshots mate, you still have Auto-engage and Auto-fire enabled. When you try and turn, you are fighting the computer AI for control. You need to turn off Auto-engage by hitting F2, the you should be able to control the ship normally. F1 turns off Auto-fire. The controls are listed in the tutorial.

It looks to me from your screen shots you are running a previous release of the demo.

The inside of the ship and gun ports should be red.

Cheers,

Js

Last edited:
I finally got it to download, ugh. I have been having problems as my computer is running out of space and problems with fallout 4( people are surprised that I am able to play high demanding games like Black Flag, Witcher 3, etc with my specs. And $80 on fallout 4 in the toilet since it can't play on my computer) anyways fallout 4 has been taking all of my space and my internet is terrible, but know I have space.The camera still is a bit jerky, I was wondering if the camera will be attached to the mouse when you move your selector the camera moves with it or something like that. The music intro is not as scary as it used to be so that's a plus( I wonder who does the music and will there be music in the game?) When I get in the game, the topsail flag likes to spazz out. and when the character jumps it kinda looks weird. Underwater breathing is still easy, I forgot if this is going to be more accurate or mystical but if it's the latter, you should make water breathing an item or something. The ladder next to the cabin where the ship is isn't touching the ground. that grass looks okay until u see it at the side and then its just flat. Parts of the bottom of the lake or sea entry is half sand half grass. There is this thing, I'm not sure how to explain it but its like splotches for the background hills and stuff. The boat doesn't like it when you walk behind it, it puts up and an invisible force field that makes you run in place until you move around in another direction.The water disappears when you look up from the bottom of the lake( in which that boat is probably a bit big for that lake as I think the (keel?) probably goes through the ground. And what is that stuff on the white paint, it's like glowing and is the paint supposed to light up?

Attachments

• 2016-01-10 (1).png
    2016-01-10 (1).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 403
  • 2016-01-10 (2).png
    2016-01-10 (2).png
    847.9 KB · Views: 370
  • 2016-01-10.png
    2016-01-10.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 373
  • 2016-01-12 (1).png
    2016-01-12 (1).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 414
  • 2016-01-12 (2).png
    2016-01-12 (2).png
    1.6 MB · Views: 403
  • 2016-01-12 (3).png
    2016-01-12 (3).png
    1.7 MB · Views: 377
  • 2016-01-12 (4).png
    2016-01-12 (4).png
    1.6 MB · Views: 363
  • 2016-01-12 (5).png
    2016-01-12 (5).png
    1.7 MB · Views: 390
  • 2016-01-12 (7).png
    2016-01-12 (7).png
    1.8 MB · Views: 376
  • 2016-01-12.png
    2016-01-12.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 431
Probably not what you want to hear but you are still a release behind.

Release 1.9 was available Dec 16, 2015 but that release was 900 Mb download and 1.6 gbs when unzipped.

@Thagarr should be able to point you to the right release.

Cheers

Js

Hello its me daryll this is my new account,

I lost my other account Daryll so im gonna use this one thanks a lot..

I already join the QA team

@9tailedfoxdragon, Did you get the QA Tester Private Messages that I have been sending the past couple of weeks? If not, you need to check your account preferences. Also, please use paragraphs when you post long posts with many different subject changes, it makes it much easier to follow, thanks. The PM's have a link to the latest demo.

@Edward Gambit, by lost your account, do you mean lost your password?

So, you lost access to your email as well? All you should have to do is reset your password and follow the instructions in the email. I'll look in to it and make sure it is functioning properly.

Probably not what you want to hear but you are still a release behind.

Release 1.9 was available Dec 16, 2015 but that release was 900 Mb download and 1.6 gbs when unzipped.

@Thagarr should be able to point you to the right release.

Cheers

Js

My computer cried when you said that.I got to break the news to it..slowly.Right now I have games people have said should even run on my computer and I am glad that they work for the most part. However, even though it has been through 28 games...oh what have I done to my poor computer I cannot afford for my computer to have a Cardiac arrest, that's how my first laptop died...and that one only had 4mb of ram and 2o games...It died due to an accident and will be sadly missed. RIP first computer.
Did you get the QA Tester Private Messages that I have been sending the past couple of weeks? If not, you need to check your account preferences. Also, please use paragraphs when you post long posts with many different subject changes, it makes it much easier to follow, thanks. The PM's have a link to the latest demo.
I also didn't get the private message.I should be able to now and next time I'll use paragraphs.

@9tailedfoxdragon, you should be able to see the conversation any time you log in to the forum, you can also get email notification. To see PM, hover your mouse over your name in the upper right corner of the forum, you should see a link that says "Conversations", click on that and it will show you your list of PM's.

@Edward Gambit, the password reset option seems to be working fine for me. :shrug

Back