• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Puerto Rico: cannot trasported to beach

chri

Sailor Apprentice
I'm doing the quest of Sao Feng, I got to the point: "Sail to Puerto Rico - on Land Ho - Transported to Beach," but when I arrive, does not carry me anywhere.

@Talisman, any thoughts?

I know that part of the quest was dodgy a while back, but I know I successfully played through it after changing the code.

No idea :shrug

- I assume it is this bit here:-

Go to Church and talk to Father Bernard (End of Ammand Quest ) – QB Update
– when finished walk away & then go back and talk to him ask what is troubling him – ( Sao Feng Quest Continues ) – QB Update
Sail to Puerto Rico – on Land Ho - transported to Beach – meet with Masked Men – QB Update - go to San Juan Church – talk to Padre Domingues. – QB Update

@chri - do you have any error logs for this
or a Save just before you Sail to Puerto Rico -- or before you talk to Father Bernard & he sends you to Puerto Rico.

:drunk

That spot? Oh, in that case I didn't test that.
I only tested that thingey with the Lian and Park on a beach somewhere.

I went back to the last save, and when I try to ask the father bernard what bothers him he replies as well (see attacked). Why is this happening?

Attachments

• Bernard.jpg
    Bernard.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 208
You have to have a personal relations better than Matey - for father bernard to tell you what bothers him

Check F2 > Character screen under your name. to see what your personal relations are.

:read

A sorry I just managed to solve, but even here: when arriving in Cuba should transport me to Ship Deck? Because I do not carry anywhere ... However I have already spoken with Domingues Father and Quest book already updated.

A sorry I just managed to solve, but even here: when arriving in Cuba should transport me to Ship Deck? Because I do not carry anywhere ... However I have already spoken with Domingues Father and Quest book already updated.

That is OK - you have to choose your flag

Code:
SAVE HERE

Sail to Cuba – on Land Ho transported to Ship Deck – talk to self Choose

1)  Raise Battle flag

2) Raise Spanish Flag

WARNING if Montanez sunk - Mergildo Hurtado & Joaquin de Masse. will not appear in the rest of this quest – But Quest will continue depending on choice made above

1) – sink two ships attacking Montanez – QB Update – Transported to tavern – Talk to Mergildo Hurtado. - Transported to Beach

Sail to San Juan, Puerto Rico. – Talk to Padre Domingues – QB Update – on leaving church attacked by Masked Men as you go into next section of town. – QB Update - Transported back to church – talk to self – talk to new priest, – QB Update

Sail to Port Royale, Jamaica Talk to Father Bernard in church – Attacked – QB Update – Meet Jaoquin de Masse. – QB Update

Sail to San Juan, Puerto Rico - See Below 

2) – sink two ships attacking Montanez – Transported to tavern – Talk to Mergildo Hurtado. – QB Update

Sail to San Juan, Puerto Rico. – Talk to Padre Domingues – QB Update – on leaving church attacked by Masked Men as you go to next section of town. – QB Update - Transported back to church – talk to self – talk to new priest, – QB Update

For the Full walkthrough of the quest see :- Sao Feng's Missing Bodyguards | PiratesAhoy!

:read

Yes, in fact I came to Cuba with the battle flag raised, but when I get to cuba nothing happens ...

When you arrive at Cuba - after you choose which flag to raise - you should load to the sea again automatically and the ships should be close to you.:yes

ok.. I hope it is the right one:yes
At this point we are in Puerto Rico, Cuba and should therefore change its flag and so should see the ships ...

Attachments

• -=Player=- Puerto Rico. Oyster Beach.rar
    743.1 KB · Views: 209
I have tried your Save - everything works OK. :yes

From your Save - go and talk to Padre Domingues in the church in San Juan, Puerto Rico - then sail to Cuba ( are you sure you are sailing to the correct island - not the big one next to Puerto Rico - the one further West from that) - on Land Ho transported to Ships deck - choose flag & Fight ships to rescue the Montanez.

Only problems I saw with your game is that you have no crew :unsure :shock

I think you will have to get some from the tavern - and some food & rum for them from the Store - so that you can fight & sail the Black Pearl well -- you won't be able to defeat the powerful ship at the end of the quest without them . :yes :dance

:doff

Just arriving at Land Ho nothing happens.
Top left a written, centra something appeared? (See attacked)

Attachments

• cuba.gif
    cuba.gif
    321.6 KB · Views: 208
:shrug - It worked OK for me .

Did you talk to Padre Domingues in the church before sailing to Cuba?

@chri

From the image you posted above - it looks like you were off Eluthera not Cuba - (from the text top left of screen) - try sailing to the South coast of Cuba & see if that works.

:doff

Back