• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Problems with Sweden

Meanwhile, back to the report which is the topic of this thread:
Looking through the new historical relations, I can't see any nation that is peaceful to Sweden throughout. Swedish characters will probably need some code to find a friendly port based on current relations.

Swedish soldier models still have their nation set as "BROKEN" and aren't assigned to group "Soldiers", so I imagine Swedish soldiers in taverns are still going to be Nathaniel clones.

Im not sure it takes the new relations in startstoryline into account when picking starting port, and in periods.c sweden is neutral with all nations which I suspect is why it gets confused, as it thinks all ports are friendly ie not enemies. finding a port based on current relations would ofc solve that anyway xD

I can't see any nation that is peaceful to Sweden throughout.
In that case: Tortuga.

Swedish soldier models still have their nation set as "BROKEN" and aren't assigned to group "Soldiers", so I imagine Swedish soldiers in taverns are still going to be Nathaniel clones.
Could you change that, please?

Im not sure it takes the new relations in startstoryline into account when picking starting port, and in periods.c sweden is neutral with all nations which I suspect is why it gets confused, as it thinks all ports are friendly ie not enemies. finding a port based on current relations would ofc solve that anyway xD
Relations and starting port have nothing to do with each other. It's all hard-coded.
Sweden gets Eleuthera because America is hardcoded to get Eleuthera.

Relations and starting port have nothing to do with each other. It's all hard-coded.
Sweden gets Eleuthera because America is hardcoded to get Eleuthera.
ah well, that would explain it. smugglers start at a random friendly port tho, but I dunno if the alternatives are also hardcoded or if they use the period relations? cuz I have started in both friendly and enemy ports. can check it out tomorrow perhaps

ah well, that would explain it. smugglers start at a random friendly port tho, but I dunno if the alternatives are also hardcoded or if they use the period relations? cuz I have started in both friendly and enemy ports. can check it out tomorrow perhaps
See PROGRAM\Storyline\FreePlay\quests\both_reaction.c , search for "Custom_Start" and "CustomStart" related stuff.
This is stuff I added in a hurry a while back and it is by far not as fancy as you might want to believe.... :oops:

See PROGRAM\Storyline\FreePlay\quests\both_reaction.c , search for "Custom_Start" and "CustomStart" related stuff.
This is stuff I added in a hurry a while back and it is by far not as fancy as you might want to believe.... :oops:
you give yourself too little credit ;) the smugglers starting loc is determined by
Code:
iNation  = FindFriendlyNation2Nation(iNation);
Code:
switch(iNation)
                {
                    case ENGLAND:
                        loadPort = "Redmond_port";
                        gotoGroup = "reload";
                        rldLocator = "Sea_2_back";
                        break;
                    case FRANCE:
                        loadPort = "Falaise_de_fleur_port_01";
                        gotoGroup = "reload";
                        rldLocator = "sea";
                        break;
                    case SPAIN:
                        loadPort = "Muelle_port";
                        gotoGroup = "reload";
                        rldLocator = "reload1_back";
                        break;
                    case PIRATE:
                        loadPort = "QC_port";
                        gotoGroup = "reload";
                        rldLocator = "reload1";
                        break;
                    case HOLLAND:
                        loadPort = "Douwesen_port";
                        gotoGroup = "reload";
                        rldLocator = "reload2";
                        break;
                    case PORTUGAL:
                        loadPort = "Conceicao_port";
                        gotoGroup = "reload";
                        rldLocator = "reload2";
                        break;
                    case GUEST1_NATION:
                        if(GetCurrentPeriod() >= PERIOD_REVOLUTIONS){
                            loadPort = "Eleuthera_Port";
                            gotoGroup = "reload";
                            rldLocator = "reload1_back";
                        }
                        if(SWEDEN_ALLOWED && GetCurrentPeriod() > PERIOD_EARLY_EXPLORERS && GetCurrentPeriod() < PERIOD_REVOLUTIONS){
                            loadPort = "Tortuga_Port";
                            gotoGroup = "reload";
                            rldLocator = "reload2_back";
                        }
                    break;
                    case PERSONAL_NATION:
                        switch(CharPlayerType)
                        {
                            case PLAYER_TYPE_CURSED:
                                loadPort = "KhaelRoa_port";
                                gotoGroup = "Quest_Ships";
                                rldLocator = "Quest_Ship_5";
                            break;
                            //default:
                            loadPort = "Cuba_shore_03";
                            gotoGroup = "reload";
                            rldLocator = "locator5";
                        }
                    break;
                }
which means it does find a friendly nation from the period, which for sweden is all of them, before the new freeplay relations are loaded xD

EDIT: thinking about it, this cud probly potentially be a problem for all nations now that starting relations can vary

EDIT2: anyway, the Eleurthea problem wasnt solved by what I done above, but if instead I add Guest1_nation to the NationNoIsland thing during the sweden periods, they start at pirate settlement on nevis, which I guess is good since they got no pirate fort that can murder you?

Last edited:
you give yourself too little credit ;)
I'm known to be very good with that! :rofl

But it truly is not very flexible and could be much better.
Ideally it should auto update when you add nations and change relations so you wouldn't ever need to update it at all.
But that's definitely not the case.

thinking about it, this cud probly potentially be a problem for all nations now that starting relations can vary
Most are in towns of your selected nation.
If not, it should be possible to add an "if no friend, then Tortuga/Nevis".

anyway, the Eleurthea problem wasnt solved by what I done above, but if instead I add Guest1_nation to the NationNoIsland thing during the sweden periods, they start at pirate settlement on nevis, which I guess is good since they got no pirate fort that can murder you?
Sounds fair enough to me.

Back