• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Problems with 2 location

This is a fairly common way to place temporary soldiers for quest purposes in PotC:
Code:
            ref sld;
            sld = LAi_CreateFantomCharacter(false, 0, true, true, 0.0, Nations[FRANCE].fantomModel.m6, "goto", "goto3");
            LAi_group_MoveCharacter(sld, "FRANCE_SOLDIERS");
            sld = LAi_CreateFantomCharacter(false, 0, true, true, 0.0, Nations[FRANCE].fantomModel.m3, "goto", "goto4");
            sld = LAi_CreateFantomCharacter(false, 0, true, true, 0.0, Nations[FRANCE].fantomModel.m4, "goto", "goto1");
            sld = LAi_CreateFantomCharacter(false, 0, true, true, 0.0, Nations[FRANCE].fantomModel.m2, "goto", "goto2");
            sld = LAi_CreateFantomCharacter(false, 0, true, true, 0.25, Nations[FRANCE].fantomModel.m5, "reload", "reload12");
            sld = LAi_CreateFantomCharacter(false, 0, true, true, 0.25, Nations[FRANCE].fantomModel.m2, "reload", "reload1");
            sld = LAi_CreateFantomCharacter(false, 0, true, true, 0.25, Nations[FRANCE].fantomModel.m3, "reload", "reload1");

Alternatively, soldiers can be added in the Location init files.
There they can be set to permanently wander the location, or be in location "none" until needed for quest purposes.

These are common ways of putting quest characters in place:
Code:
PlaceCharacter(characterFromID("researcher"), "goto");
Or:
Code:
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Researcher"), "KhaelRoa_port", "officers", "reload2_1");

These are all examples from PotC of course, but generally CoAS tends to be very, very similar.

Thank you for your concern, but I'm working with scripts for years, I know a lot, a lot has changed in the game. If I Assistant textures I would have done more, but alas.

As for location, it's likely I'll add a condition to the location, the standard code. Partly category locators.

In that case, I don't think there is any further support I can provide.
I hope you manage to sort something out to help yourself then. :doff

Victory! I realized what the problem is and fix it. One could rename all locators. Probably somewhere in the code intelligence soldiers is a choice where to go tied to the locators goto.

Back