• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Problems in Vera Cruz

Cpt. Black

Landlubber
Hi all :)

I have a small problem with the Aztec treasure quest: When I meet Bartolomeu in Vera Cruz, he always dies in front of the Fort entry at night. o_O
Hope anyone can help me :)

Black

Btw I have the latest mod version, build 14 Beta 3

How does he die? You make it sound like it is automatically.

Or is it perhaps because the soldiers are too strong for him? That would definitely be good to know.

How does he die? You make it sound like it is automatically.

Or is it perhaps because the soldiers are too strong for him? That would definitely be good to know.
He dies because of the soldiers. I think it's because each of them got a brace of small pistols so they kill him very quickly.

okay ... trimming down the guards probally isn't a good idea. Would you think making him immortal for this fight would be fair? I haven't been able to play this storyline this far so I dont know the situation.

Hello Levis,

In quests_reaction.c look for case "plaza_jump":

Add:
LAi_SetImmortal(CharacterFromID("Bartolomeu"), true);
Just after the following line:
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Bartolomeu"), "Vera_Cruz_01", "goto", "goto107");

Afterwards, seeing you don't need a new game, just load a SAVE and try again this part.

Tell me if the fix works.

Thanks Bartolomeu. Any suggestions on a spot afterwards where he should be set to normal again?

I know how to do it. It's more wont it break the quest if he is immortal. Or inbalance it (could he do all the fighting for you then for example).
And indeed when should it be gone again. Just after the fight or does he have more fights?

To Pieter and Levis:

No need to set him normal again. Let him immortal. Seeing, I need to write an additional quest for this storyline in the future, if i need to change the Bartolomeu' status again i'll include that in this new quest.

Place this file in:
\PROGRAM\Storyline\Assassin\quests

This should do it :).

Attachments

• quests_reaction.c
    287.2 KB · Views: 236
I dont have a savegame at that point so can't really test it unless I play trough the whole storyline
I hope the topicstarter wants to test it

I dont have a savegame at that point so can't really test it unless I play trough the whole storyline
I hope the topicstarter wants to test it

If you have cheats enabled - there is an option in the very first dialog at the start of the story to jump to certain points in the story.

Select the last dialog option ( El Morro ) and it will start the last section of the story about Vera Cruz & the Aztec treasure. :yes

:drunk

Back