• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Problem with gaurds going crazy at Port Royal.

ANSEL

Corsair
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
At the moment I put my foot at Port Royal harbor, the guards got crazy, starting
to kill all naval officers around.
This happens after starting a new game yesterday, latest update and version 23 Sep.

Attachments

• error.log
    12.3 KB · Views: 245
  • compile.log
    46.4 KB · Views: 214
@ANSEL can I please have a savegame from before you step on land?

@Levis I tried to replicate it, without success. I have to look if have a savegame, I'm not sure right now.
Do you have looked into the error log, big and weird for me.

Did you, by any chance, got asked by a naval officer if you are a pirate? That caused trouble between guards and navals in my game. (The naval officers attacked me and it looked like the guards wanted to help me).

Dont think so, but the guards seems not to take any notice to me.

I wonder if executing this through console could possibly improve things:
Code:
InitGroups();

That function should set the correct relations at least between the citizens and soldiers of the various towns.
Just reposting the above as I don't think anybody actually took notice of it earlier this week. :wp

Please remind me tomorrow.
I'm on my phone in the train at the moment and opening any attachments is quite tricky. :(

The error log seems to sugest there is someone or something which has a model which doesn't exists...

There also is a lot of errors about the new tweaking, with balance of weapons?
Like this:
AClass ERROR n1
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Loc_ai\LAi_character.c; line: 644
function 'LAi_BladeSetPiercing' stack error
and a lot of othter errors , I dont remind I have been seeing before.

@Tingyun if you got a little time could you take a look at the errors and see if you can find out what is wrong?

@Levis , as requested:

First, to respond to Ansel's question, I am pretty certain none of the errors came from any recent weapon rebalances. Changing a damage number by +2 doesn't do anything like this, and none of the errors are coming from any altered files.

The error Ansel quotes is this part of lai_character.c:
void LAi_BladeSetPiercing(aref chr, float piercing)
{
if(piercing < 0.0) piercing = 0.0;
if(piercing > 1.0) piercing = 1.0;
chr.chr_ai.piercing = piercing;
}

Not sure why that would suddenly be going wrong.

The other errors are for similar things, combined with the model errors, it looks like there was some character out there that was generated missing a lot of different things it should have had.

Looking at the compile log, the only clue I could find were these:

"Main character's twin found!!!"
and
"Officer's twin found!!!"

Not sure if those are from the same time the errors were generated, but assuming Ansel quit the game soon after hitting the errors, they do appear towards the end. And the error log does begin with entries indicating problem found in trying to find a model. This is first:

RUNTIME ERROR - file: interface\kam_selectmodel.c; line: 31
invalid index -1 [size:1200]

So maybe something broke when it tried to find a replacement model for one of the twins, and then the resulting character was missing a bunch of stuff?

So I'd recomend:

1) Check if there is somewhere the twin code can break.

2) If it looks fine, then wait and see if the error recurs with a reproducable saved game.

EDIT: here is the part of kam select model that generated the first error, line 31, the error, is the last line:

string GetModelIDFromListNumber(int inum)
{
inum--;
bool valid = true;
if(valid) inum = availmodels[inum];

Last edited:
Looking at the compile log, the only clue I could find were these:

"Main character's twin found!!!"
and
"Officer's twin found!!!"
That is quite a normal occurrence and doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong.
I don't think the relevant function has any relation to the "Choose Model" interface either.
So whatever it is, I'd personally suspect it to be something else.

You never do know though.

From what I see there seems to be a problem with taking bullets during shooting (if I look at the last part of the error logs). I sugets a int function tries to return a string value so maybe a sti() is missing somewhere. or an item is defines wrong.
Would be nice if someone could track down what the problem is (and if someone is able to recreate it).

@ANSEL this only happened once right? you weren't able to trigger it again, am I right?

@Levis I can say I've got over 1500 enemies personally killed as a personal killcount in one of my playthroughs (nice the ship log keeps track), with no occurrences of this, so it has to be rare.

Unless something broke VERY recently, as in october or very end of september, after I no longer had time to play

going to close this one saying it's caused by the still crazy relations system

going to close this one saying it's caused by the still crazy relations system
Indeed relations on shore are a definite mess. Must be the same.
Posts can be merged with the original report though, since it's definitely real.

Back