• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Problem installing Beta 3.4 for New Horizons

mackmitchell94

Landlubber
Hey guys, I need some serious help. I keep getting the error: "Main files incomplete or corrupted" during installation of beta 3.4. When I first downloaded it, I didn't know if you're supposed to extract the b14_beta3_full.7z file or not, so I extracted it into the same folder as the installer like yall said. But everytime I tried installing, I got the error message: "Main file archive not present, please place b14_beta3_full.potc in this folder to continue". I was somewhat confused since that file was in the folder, but then I realized that the file in folder wasn't named exactly as it said in the error [file was named b14_beta3_full] so I changed it by renaming adding .7z. Then when I ran it, it came up with the "Main files incomplete or corrupted, please redownload" error. I have redownloaded it from MODDB since then, and it still ends up saying the same thing, I'm using 9 zip to extract the file. I really wanna try this mod, what should I do guys?

@mackmitchell94: Why are you trying to use Build 14 Beta 3.4? The latest official version is 4.0, which can also be found on ModDB.
The REAL latest version is the Beta 4.1 WIP though, which can be found through the link in my signature.
This one comes highly recommended and is by far the most playable version.

I kept the Beta 3.4 installer on ModDB because I wasn't sure if 4.0 was OK.
Indeed it turned out to have some issues, which were fixed ages ago in the 4.1 WIP.
We should upload Beta 4.1 to ModDB and remove the other two, but we just haven't been able to find the time to do that.

When I first downloaded it, I didn't know if you're supposed to extract the b14_beta3_full.7z file or not, so I extracted it into the same folder as the installer like yall said.
You should definitely NOT touch the large archive yourself. The Installer EXE takes care of it.

But everytime I tried installing, I got the error message: "Main file archive not present, please place b14_beta3_full.potc in this folder to continue". I was somewhat confused since that file was in the folder, but then I realized that the file in folder wasn't named exactly as it said in the error [file was named b14_beta3_full] so I changed it by renaming adding .7z. Then when I ran it, it came up with the "Main files incomplete or corrupted, please redownload" error. I have redownloaded it from MODDB since then, and it still ends up saying the same thing, I'm using 9 zip to extract the file.
Sounds like for some reason the Installer EXE and large Archive for Beta 3.4 are for slightly different versions.
That's REALLY weird, because I know those files worked fine before so I haven't got a clue what happened.

Long story short, get this: Build 14 Beta 4.0 Part 2: Contents Archive file - Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons mod for Pirates of the Caribbean
And this: Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP [Last Update: 7 January 2017]

@mackmitchell94: Why are you trying to use Build 14 Beta 3.4? The latest official version is 4.0, which can also be found on ModDB.
The REAL latest version is the Beta 4.1 WIP though, which can be found through the link in my signature.
This one comes highly recommended and is by far the most playable version.

I kept the Beta 3.4 installer on ModDB because I wasn't sure if 4.0 was OK.
Indeed it turned out to have some issues, which were fixed ages ago in the 4.1 WIP.
We should upload Beta 4.1 to ModDB and remove the other two, but we just haven't been able to find the time to do that.

You should definitely NOT touch the large archive yourself. The Installer EXE takes care of it.

Sounds like for some reason the Installer EXE and large Archive for Beta 3.4 are for slightly different versions.
That's REALLY weird, because I know those files worked fine before so I haven't got a clue what happened.

Long story short, get this: Build 14 Beta 4.0 Part 2: Contents Archive file - Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons mod for Pirates of the Caribbean
And this: Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP [Last Update: 7 January 2017]
Thanks for replying man!! I tried to download the 4.0 off of MODDB, but my computer keeps saying the download is a virus. Should I download it anyway? Also do I have to download the install wizard for 4.0 or can I just use the one from 3.4?

Last edited:
Hey man!! So this mods been working for me completely fine, but once I get to the Curse Of The Black Pearl storyline, the part where Jack goes with Will to commandeer the dauntless, the game crashes!!! The error log says this:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Loc_ai\LAi_deck.c; line: 903
missed attribute: go
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Loc_ai\LAi_deck.c; line: 903
no rAP data
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Loc_ai\LAi_deck.c; line: 904
missed attribute: emerge
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Loc_ai\LAi_deck.c; line: 904
no rAP data
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Loc_ai\LAi_deck.c; line: 905
missed attribute: go
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Loc_ai\LAi_deck.c; line: 905
no rAP data
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Loc_ai\LAi_deck.c; line: 906
missed attribute: emerge
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Loc_ai\LAi_deck.c; line: 906
no rAP data
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Loc_ai\types\LAi_stunned.c; line: 282
uninitialized aref
null ap
no rAP data
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Loc_ai\types\LAi_stunned.c; line: 284
uninitialized aref
what do I do?

How did you install the game? The "JackSparrow" storyline should certainly work if you have correctly installed Beta 4.1 from the links in @Pieter Boelen's signature - I've recently played through it myself.

Can you upload "compile.log", "system.log" and "error.log"? Don't copy and pasted them, please upload the actual files - use the "Upload a File" button.

Thanks for replying man!! this is it.

Attachments

• compile.log
    23.3 KB · Views: 207
  • system.log
    70.7 KB · Views: 142
  • error.log
    472 bytes · Views: 206
From "compile.log":
Quest name insertforchase2 FOUND in QuestComplete
And:
SEA: Error: You assigned allied character Joshamee Gibbs with ID Mr. Gibbs to quest group... This is an error!
SEA: Warn: I am automatically deleting group 'Mr. Gibbs', because it's empty
That's not where Jack and Will commandeer the Dauntless! That's where you've just turned into Barbossa and are about to attack the Interceptor. The problem is that because Mr. Gibbs is supposed to be friendly, the game gets confused when he's put in charge of an enemy ship. This has been fixed and is one of the bugs which is cured by downloading the "Extra Fix Archive" as advised here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP [Last Update: 7 January 2017]

The archive can be found here:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_jan7_fixes.zip

But if you install the archive now, your existing savegame won't work. A lot of bugs have been fixed in there. After installing the archive, you can try editing "PROGRAM\globals.c". Scroll down almost to the bottom and find this line:
Code:
#define IS_SGV                   14.937
Change that number to 14.936. That should make it recognise your old savegames, though whether they'll work properly, I'm not sure.

Incidentally, although the above version of "compile.log" is later in the story than the scene where you and Jack steal the Dauntless, I also ran into a problem at that point and fixed it. So both that scene and the one where you become Barbossa should be more reliable. You will probably need to reload a savegame from before the scene with Jack, Will and Barbossa in the cave if the fix for the battle scene is to take effect.

From "compile.log":And:That's not where Jack and Will commandeer the Dauntless! That's where you've just turned into Barbossa and are about to attack the Interceptor. The problem is that because Mr. Gibbs is supposed to be friendly, the game gets confused when he's put in charge of an enemy ship. This has been fixed and is one of the bugs which is cured by downloading the "Extra Fix Archive" as advised here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP [Last Update: 7 January 2017]

The archive can be found here:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_jan7_fixes.zip

But if you install the archive now, your existing savegame won't work. A lot of bugs have been fixed in there. After installing the archive, you can try editing "PROGRAM\globals.c". Scroll down almost to the bottom and find this line:
Code:
#define IS_SGV                   14.937
Change that number to 14.936. That should make it recognise your old savegames, though whether they'll work properly, I'm not sure.

Incidentally, although the above version of "compile.log" is later in the story than the scene where you and Jack steal the Dauntless, I also ran into a problem at that point and fixed it. So both that scene and the one where you become Barbossa should be more reliable. You will probably need to reload a savegame from before the scene with Jack, Will and Barbossa in the cave if the fix for the battle scene is to take effect.
Thanks man, I've also been using cheats but they don't work anymore for some reason, even though I went into the internal settings folder and it's still enabled. Any ideas why this happened? Thanks for your help!!

Thanks man, I've also been using cheats but they don't work anymore for some reason, even though I went into the internal settings folder and it's still enabled. Any ideas why this happened? Thanks for your help!!
Make sure NumLock is enabled on your keyboard.

Back