• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Problem in questline

O.K. Let's go step by step.

OPEN:
Pirates of the Caribbean/PROGRAM/Storyline/Hornblower/quests/quest_reaction.c
In Notepad++
Somewhere around line number 12809 you should see: (I say somewhere about line 12809 as it may be slightly different according to the version you have)
case "Go_to_Find_Maria;
ALTERNATIVELY:
In Notepad++ quest_reaction.c (as above)
use the Search Function and type in:
Go_to_Find_Maria
That should take you straight to it.

That is where the modifications should be made.

Regarding the RN_Sailor dialog file that is complete and should just replace the one in the above section.
Pirates of the Caribbean/PROGRAM/Storyline/Hornblower/dialogs

Think I did it right, but not sure since you weren't specific about what line you wanted me to put the Pchar.quest.speak_speak = "finished"; in the maria_in_cell case, so I just made a new line after the case line and added it, testing to see if it works, I'll let you know in about 20 minutes.

EDIT: The fix didn't work or do much of anything, still gives me the standard citizen dialog.

O.K.
Your adding of Pchar.quest.speak_speak = "finished"; looks O.K.

Next Question:
Where do you start your saved game from to replay/test the changes?
It must be BEFORE you enter the TOWN - is it?

I do have one further suggestion but would like the answer to this question first.

I think I'm outside the town, but no it's not before I talk to the guy for the first time, also, I can't play the game for another day or so, so expect a delayed response to your next solution that you have.

Hey Jack, I don't mean to sound impatient, but I just want to make sure you haven't forgotten about me, I'll try working on it a little myself if I can figure it out and if the steam ships continue to go well (might give me a little experience as a modder). Don't feel rushed, I have a feeling this is a rare glitch anyways....

IMPORTANT:

I tested this with the error logging enabled, but I got no error logs whatsoever :mm

I too think this is a glitch as I have replayed on an older version of the game that I have and it worked correctly.

Right ho then - this will work but has disadvantages.

enable the Cheat Mode (PROGRAM/InternalSettings.h - right at the bottom - change the 0 to a 1 - save)
Start a new game
From the start position on the dock walk ALL the way through the center of town till you reach some steps at the back.
Go up the steps to the right and you will see C.S. Forester
Talk to him
click the replies down until you reach:
Quest Ship Deck
click on that one

It will take you back to the game just before you go to Maria's house.
NOTE: after the conversation with Pellew you will find yourself on the port dock.
Use the cheat mode number pad to upgrade your cash and stats. before you enter the town.

It will destroy all your previous stuff - so I recommend setting a new profile before starting this game.
It will at least let you continue the story.

oh okay, it worked, and yeah, I started a new profile and it worked, so I think this is just a rare glitch we really can't avoid on the rare occasion it does happen.

Back