• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion privateer

kisuke47

Landlubber
Question I'm playing in free play mode and I have a letter of mark for spain but I'm not being awarded with any prizes like swords or ships or do you have to be a navel officer for that? I did a mission for the French governor of martinique and was awarded the French nobility sword or is that different?.

Question I'm playing in free play mode and I have a letter of mark for spain but I'm not being awarded with any prizes like swords or ships or do you have to be a navel officer for that?
As a Privateer, you should still get prize swords, but that happens only on 2 specific ranks.
For all other ranks, you still get your extra land (Naval Officer don't get that on the lower ranks), so you're still being rewarded.

Naval Officers get a promotion ship for each new rank, but Privateers don't.
But Naval Officers cannot choose their own ship, while Privateers can; so the two are relatively different.

I did a mission for the French governor of martinique and was awarded the French nobility sword or is that different?
Must have been this very specific sidequest: Sink the Pirate Corvette | PiratesAhoy!
That one used to give some money, but because it is a special case, we decided it deserved a special reward.
@Jason suggested that, if I recall...

Thanks guys another question though is there a list of how many relation points you need for each rank? also how do you marry because I keep doing missions for spain and the governors niece just keeps telling me to lets talk of other things I don't remember it being this hard to marry in the original game because I have a high rank with spain and my reputation is hero and I have talked to like three of his nieces so far lol.

is there a list of how many relation points you need for each rank?
Yes there is! :woot
New Horizons National ranks | PiratesAhoy!
Courtesy of @Talisman .

how do you marry
You need to spend some time on the same lady and probably make a bit of a name for yourself.
To increase your fame, you don't need to do only the default missions.
It is much faster to go out at sea and deal with the enemies of Spain out there.

I don't remember it being this hard to marry in the original game
Actually, it WAS harder in the original game because it is mod-added feature.
So without the mods, the feature didn't even exist. :cheeky

Back