• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

(PotC-NH)Games that become legends.

This is a PotC-NH matter, but have also validity for some other games- very few, but there are.

As Morrowind did, PotC was at first a simple pirate game, the following of Akella's Sea Dogs.
I remember how was the vanilla game: good, much bettered than Sea Dogs, but not really special.

Then, thanks to you alls that modded NH, PotC entered in the number of legendary PC games. This was a real important pace, because I consider "legendary games" only few titles, like Morrowind and the first 2 COD (COD and COD-United Offensive) .

For enter in my own "legendary game" number, a game must break in my heart, soul and mind, have the sense of a movie while remaining a PC game: all qualities that are really difficult to find.

For example, COD for me isn't a PC game, but a war movie: every time I play and replay, I enter in a war movie, expecting to see near myself Edward Fox and Sean Connery from "A Bridge too far" or Lee Marvin from "
Big Red One".

Morrowind instead has created a so highly detailed and alien fantasy world, far from classical Sword and Sorcery classic fantasy, and a story that has become a real legend, unsurpassed by any other Bethesda title.

PotC-NH has all the qualities for be a legendary PC game: the game, that originally wasn't more than a pirate game, and Imho, poorer than Sea Dogs, with the modding has gained something that I consider a basic quality for be legendary: the perfect mix from history, legend, and tipology.

Sure I have a lot of difficulty to explain for you, but I want try.

Imho, Pirates are Tridimensional, because they have three sizes: History, Legend and .... I don't know how say, in Italian is said "Maniera", maybe Manner will be a right word?

History: the real pirates, and their cruel and violent world;
Legend: all the stories about pirates and piracy;
Manner: Eye Patches, Peg Legs, Hooks, Insolent Parrots, PEGI21+ Language, Caribbean Beauties, and flamboyant dresses.

PotC - NH has reached to come deeply into my soul: every time I play the game I enter into a Caribbean filled of ships, governors, pirate4s and corsairs, strange folks, SOB's and so on (Me included), exiting only when I go to bed.

This is the motivation because I have put this game into Legendary games. PotC-NH has reached to mix perfectly all the 3 Sizes of Pirates and their world.

Back