• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release PotC: New Horizons - Build 14 Beta 2.3 Released!

yes i have the fresh copy. i really badly want to play 14. i fear that when i re-download, the file might be corrupted again T__T

does the build 14 file have alternative. like torrents or .rar?
so to prevent corruption.

We only have the Build Mod uploaded in .exe format, I'm afraid. We tried a torrent once, but there weren't enough people using it to make it worthwhile.
The only other place we have Build 14 Beta 2.1 Full available is here: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/build/b14_beta2-1_full.exe
We currently have no other links for Beta 2.3 Light, but I'm trying to upload it to my SkyDrive folder at the moment, so I'll update you on how that goes.

It wants me to sign in first. It has had this problem before.

How did you get it to upload? I tried it as it is and 7zipped, and it would get in there but it showed an error and then I could not access my dropbox.

EDIT: I just thought to check and see if my Dropbox works and it does. It also has the 7zip version of beta 2.3 in there. o_O So I downloaded it and it works. :shrug So here is a link.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/dDiNIjCw-q/b14_beta2-3_light.7z

Download from Dropbox works fine, I extracted everything but haven't tried an install yet. But it did appear to be complete, thanks Hylie! :dance

It wants me to sign in first. It has had this problem before.

How did you get it to upload? I tried it as it is and 7zipped, and it would get in there but it showed an error and then I could not access my dropbox.
DAMN! You're right. :modding
It would seem SkyDrive won't allow public access to "large files", for some absurd reason.
It took ages to upload, as well. All I did was use the move the file into the folder on my PC, which was then synchronised with the cloud storage.

Im 61mb away from downloading build 14 2.3
Im using a download manager
but the server wont give me connection.
whats happening?

Are you trying to download "Build 14 Beta2.1 Full" from MODDB?

I no longer remember how to set up a torrent and do not have the software anyway.

Im already playing build14 2.3 :D downloaded the file too many times. its always corrupted. at last one file is not. I wonder if this is a common problem.

Nice work. thanks modders! :)

I am now avoiding going to the decks it causes COTD. Its fine for me

BUT I HAVE ONE SINISTER PROBLEM. I went boarding an enemy ship, I killed every hostile on the deck then an icon appears on the top left. usually I press space then Ill get transferred to the next deck or the cargo transfer window. but this time nothing happens! now i cant board ships. When I sail I have to press enter and select the sea icon. the space key is working on other places like entering a door. so i guess there is a problem with the deck of the ship? I have tried resetting to default controls and re-installing everything but nothing happens.

I have tried a new game and it all came back to normal. this all started when the quest 'find danielle' started.

I have no problem starting a new game, its fun after all. but maybe this will repeat. and maybe you should know.

TheSkinnyGamer1: Post in the POTC forum and we will see what we can do about your problems. TYA.

I am getting error messages when I try to unpack the zip files. I installed it several times. but still getting error messages.
This is a stupid question, but here I go...Do I need to have installed the POTC: New Horizons first, before install this new version?
Please, help, I'm newbie on this. Thanks.

Ahoy mate! The correct order to install the latest mod is as follows:
1) Install the original game (anywhere other than Program Files)
2) Extract Build 14 Beta 2.1 Full to the same folder and overwrite all necessary files
3) Extract Build 14 Beta 2.3 Light to the same folder, as above
I hope that helps. :doff

Back