• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved POTC installation

Albert_Bowden

Sailor Apprentice
So since i downloaded the old mod pack that was suggested in this thread:
Need Help - Pirates of the Caribbean PC Cheats
Here is the link to what i downloaded:
Downloads - Pirates of the Caribbean: Build Mod 13 for Pirates of the Caribbean

- It corrupted my files and caused me to uninstall the game and reinstall it. Every time, from 26%, i got this error message which is shown below in a screenshot. I have even restarted my pc and i get the same stupid message. Please help me, otherwise i can never play this game again.... (I was so far in the story mode...)

Attachments

• POTC problem installing.png
    POTC problem installing.png
    484.6 KB · Views: 195
:ahoy

No one here has played Build 13 for years but it was rock solid. Most likely you got a bad download. Download it again and hope it works this time.

Can your hardware run Build 14?

Have you made a backup of your save files before uninstalling/reinstalling the game?

They're located here:
"[wherever you installed it]\Bethesda Softworks\Pirates of the Caribbean\SAVE"

And you're aware that the save games of the unmodded game and the modded game are incompatible right? So you'd have to start a new game in the modded version.
Or tell us at what point of the main storyline you are, there's probably someone who has a save file up until that point.

Savegames from Build 14 are also incompatible with Build 13. In fact, savegames from Build 14 are incompatible with some different versions of Build 14. So even if someone does have a save file, it probably won't help unless they're running the same version of the game.

@Albert_Bowden: I agree with @Hylie Pistof, the problem looks like a bad download. Try downloading it again. Or, if you have a reasonably modern system, try Build 14, which you can get here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP [Last Update: 7 January 2017]

:ahoy

No one here has played Build 13 for years but it was rock solid. Most likely you got a bad download. Download it again and hope it works this time.

Can your hardware run Build 14?
It was weird because it was working fine earlier yesterday. I am installing with the original disk

Have you made a backup of your save files before uninstalling/reinstalling the game?

They're located here:
"[wherever you installed it]\Bethesda Softworks\Pirates of the Caribbean\SAVE"

And you're aware that the save games of the unmodded game and the modded game are incompatible right? So you'd have to start a new game in the modded version.
Or tell us at what point of the main storyline you are, there's probably someone who has a save file up until that point.
I did back up my files but i deleted the folder as it was empty

Savegames from Build 14 are also incompatible with Build 13. In fact, savegames from Build 14 are incompatible with some different versions of Build 14. So even if someone does have a save file, it probably won't help unless they're running the same version of the game.

@Albert_Bowden: I agree with @Hylie Pistof, the problem looks like a bad download. Try downloading it again. Or, if you have a reasonably modern system, try Build 14, which you can get here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP [Last Update: 7 January 2017]
hmm i take it that i can download that by itself?

Can you install the game from the CD's? If so, is it playable? And where is it installed? If it's in "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)" then the game won't work very well and neither will the mod. Unfortunately, that's exactly where the game and mod try to install themselves by default.

And yes i did try the link yesterday, but it never even worked even if the actual game was there.
In what way did it not work? Please describe what happened as accurately and detailed as possible.

At the very least, we need to know the following things:
1. What folder do you have the game installed to (avoid "Program Files" at ALL costs!)
2. Does the Installer EXE wizard start at all?
3. If it does, but the installation does not work, what exact error message does it give?

Ok well luckily enough, i told my brother that the game is no longer working. He had a newer version of the disc game!! I installed that and the installer is very different! Its even better because for some reason this one needs no disc. So i replaced the sea.dll file as usual and it worked!! Even better, my old game files were somehow still on the game!! I will now mark this to solved. Thank you to everyone who commented here for your help!

What Build is better? I have the last, 4.1, and seem stable, but I don't know about the others. Was Build 13 better than 14 4.1?
Best version: link in my signature. ;)

The most recent version may be slightly less stable than Build 13, but that's really only "sightly".
And the insane amount of added content more than makes up for that.

Back