• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Port Royale 2 Map for Port Royale 3

Keith

Raping the Horses and Stealing the Women!
Staff member
Administrator
Apparently since PR3 didn't come with a map we'll have to do with the PR2 version. Some of the commodities are probably wrong but I'll update that when I get my version installed later on. Grab it HERE

The location of the towns seem correct, the the commodaties as you said are different and they change based on the demand, but the location of the towns will make the missions to locate the lost people vastly more easier, since you have like a week to find the lost person/people, but it takes you a week to find the freaking town. lol

I look forward to your finished map. It's taking me far too long searching every town to find items needed for quests and trading.

Thank for making it. I look forward to it when finished. Will be very helpful to have.

Yeah, it would help considerably, it would be more better if the devs just put the towns on the map, but thats just me.

I agree. Apparently according to "Walt" at the publishers forums, things like maps are only for people that can afford or wanted to buy the Collectors edition of the game. Personally I find it ridiculous to put out a game such as this and not include a basic pdf map of the area for everybody that bought the game and wants the map.

I understand holding back a nicely printed cloth map (or at worst, a glossy paper map) for the collectors edition, but it wouldn't harm them to have put out a simple, clean pdf map for anybody else that bought the game and feels the need for having a map of the area. Heck, they could even have it available only over on the Steam store page for the game and then not even have to pay for the bandwidth of people downloading the map.

Oh well... Looking forward to the end result by Keith

I saw somewhere (maybe here in a different topic) an excel file that lists all of the town names and what they manufacturer, which is actually easier to view on a second monitor by simply sorting by the items manufactured or by the town name. Unfortunately they hadn't added all of the manufactured item names for each Town, so it was only basically a excel xls document with the town names and some fields ready to have the resources entered into them. I say it's easier to use because even though a map is beautiful to look at, if I were to put it up on my second monitor I'd still not likely be able to view the resource icons with enough certainty to know what they are. I may try to find that xls file again and just start filling in the names in the meantime.

Yeah, the map was a bit of a fail for sure, they should have really played it up and offered a chart of the Caribbean. I would have been willing to pay $15-$20 more to have something like that to hang on my wall. Companies have no idea how to actually market things correctly anymore.

Multiple monitors are damn handy for a lot of things, I wish the morons at Microsoft would realize this and actually make their operating system recognize more advanced configurations. There are a lot of third party programs that do this, and probably much better and more efficiently than Microsoft would, but that support should be built in. Instead they insist on pandering to the smart phone crowd with flashy lights and shinny objects. :rolleyes:

Welcome Jalida, yeah the excel file is a WIP, I have over half of the towns done now if you want to have another look. I'll have it finished in the next couple of days. From there I'll add a list of what each town requires and from there I'll try to make some kind of map out of it.

I think like most, I'm pretty disappointed not with just what Kalypso are offering, but the excuses they use. It's no different when Patrician 4 was out and the mythical modding pack they were to release. Same with Port Royale 3 mods, while they say they don't support it, that's fine, at least don't archive the whole game up so others cannot do anything with it or know the structure. It's not "not supporting" mods, it really is "mods are not allowed".

I think Steam have something to do with that as well Keith, I am curious to see what the actual retail box version of the game looks like when it comes out in September.

It is sad though how many companies are alienating customers by not giving them the option to personalize their game experience, even just by adding personalized flags or paint schemes, you make the game individually yours. I can remember when PC actually meant a personal computer, now it just means Politically Correct.

The irony is Port Royale 1 at least let you change some of the logo's, can't even do that in PR3

Back