• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Port Royal 3 75% off opinion on buying it

urban legend 1996

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Hey guys, not sure if this is where you would submit this thread on this forum but I had no clue :p , anyway port royal on sale and review's of the game from release are not positive one's so my question has the game improved since release and with dlc's is the game better and because of this is it worth buying the game or the dlc's?

I ask you this question because there is no website that already answers this query.

I'm a Port Royale veteran, I played it since the first one so I believe I might be able to help you.
Most of the complaints there are from people who played the other 2 installments like me and in that case most complaints are right placed BUT for those who can't compare it to the older versions I don't see any reason to complain. It's a fun game (I also bought it and I enjoy it fully every time I play even though it's options are more limited than the first 2) The focus lies more on creating a trade monopoly then on war, however warfare has improved since Port Royale 2. It is slow paced in the beginning though so you need to be able to get over there.

All in all I say yes! With 75% off you can't go wrong.

I'm a Port Royale veteran, I played it since the first one so I believe I might be able to help you.
Most of the complaints there are from people who played the other 2 installments like me and in that case most complaints are right placed BUT for those who can't compare it to the older versions I don't see any reason to complain. It's a fun game (I also bought it and I enjoy it fully every time I play even though it's options are more limited than the first 2) The focus lies more on creating a trade monopoly then on war, however warfare has improved since Port Royale 2. It is slow paced in the beginning though so you need to be able to get over there.

All in all I say yes! With 75% off you can't go wrong.

okay so know we have sorted out the game on it's own aspect, what about dlc's their are three of them and I know one is crucial in terms of harbour defence, so what about the other two?

Yes the harbor master DLC is crucial, especially if you get control over a town. The others add new scenario's mostly and though they bring a nice way of killing time, free play is what makes Port Royale the most fun. If the DLC's are also 75% off then I suppose it's a nice deal for hours more of playing but this depends on your personal taste.

Back