• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Playing?

Good old Sea Dogs!
ourface.jpg

Cities Skylines. Pretty decent for a casual city builder, but needs more Godzilla!

Hey Bob! Good to see you mate! :woot

Arrrrrgh! Thagarr.

I saw just yesterday that there was going to be a Natural Disasters DLC for Skylines. Godzilla is as natural as vanilla carmel rum; you might get your wish.

Not really. The semi-sequel is known as Assassins Creed Rogue, and it takes place about twenty or so years later on the American Coast and parts of canada. Its a time period I don't know very well, but its very focused on Assassins Creed's story and has cameos by figures like Benjamin Franklin. Black Flag ignored the story between the templars and the assassins and settles on more realistic events like Blackbeard's Death, Hornigold's accepting the pardon. (slight spoiler.) Etc. Its about a brotherhood of pirates and the protection of uh....nassau? I honestly cannot remember.

Its also gorgoeus and very carribean and tropical, whereas Rogue is cold, and canadian. You will break through ice, fight wolves, etc. Its a completely different environment, it just happens to share a focus on ships and similar combat.

Think of it as Black Flag 1.5. Rogue and Black Flag are the only titles in the series that focus on naval combat.

Nope, I didn't misunderstand you. Because I didn't understand you at all! :rofl

I hardly ever play games. No time.

Freedom Cry is a sort of ...I dunno, side story? That takes the first mate from your ship and tells his story before he meets your charactor Edward Kenway. He is an escaped slave who is helping other slaves ... somewhere off the African coast. Its not really a sequal as much as another charactor with a short campaign. (Maybe 3 hours long.) Exactly like Black Flag otherwise.

Really you play Black Flag for its beautiful carribbean graphics and its excellent crew singing. The sea shanties are downright haunting at times, especially as you hear the waves all around you. If you get time, Youtube Best Black Flag Shanties for a great example. :) Really worth 20 bucks if you can find it on sale. Just remember your ship is powered by some form of jet propulsion. :p

Yeah the battles are insanely intense. My biggest problem with the game was the downright SILLY modern missions. Assassins Creed is held together by this nonsense about you being in a memory of your descendents or some such. Anyhow, during the main missions you somtimes get 'logged out' and have to wander around an office as a regular joe. Really immersion breaking, and incredibly boring and annoying. This only happens during missions however, so if you are freeplaying it isn't a big deal..

..sadly the game doesn't have much to do once you beat the main quest. I had done most of the side missions at that point, and beat the legendary ships, so when I beat the game there really wasn't anything to do other than the aztec puzzle quests. Its incredibly fun to sail around listening to your crew sing, and take in the beautiful sights tho.

Back