• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Playable tech demo

con20or

Master Mariner
Hearts of Oak Donator
There was some mention of a playable tech demo before the engine switch was made - was that parked?

We still want to make it happen, of course. The sooner, the better.
But of course we had to start from scratch, so the timing got a bit messed up.... :wp

Saw the cool update! Awesome news. I dont care if I have a 6 gun canoe to sail around :) What is the target date for the basic release demo?

This will lead into the first proper release with the following features:

• Main menu with save, load and options dialogues
  • Top-down chart view for navigation, allowing simple trading, shipyard functions and basic interaction with AI ships
  • Ship encounter (in 3D sea view) between two identical vessels, with the player controlling one from the helm and the AI controlling the other
This game version won't feature islands, as the functionality of towns and colonies will be simulated on the chart view to start with. Remember, this is just a base version; we will be adding a LOT more assets and features once this release has been thoroughly tested and works to our satisfaction.

That will depend heavily on how much time @Captain Murphy and @Trunks518 can allocate to developing the code base.
At the moment, I believe both of them are occupied with other things. Not much we can do about real life getting in the way. :shrug

Back