• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

'PIRATES PLUND-ARRR' FOR Wii

Keith

Raping the Horses and Stealing the Women!
Staff member
Administrator
[imgleft]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_cQOyQjTP3GY/SzdzZcJpthI/AAAAAAAAAIU/lTv6nE8qBxo/s128/pa-logo.gif[/imgleft]Well, it's a pirate theme at least........

Ahoy Matey! Pull up anchor and get ready to set sail in search of stolen booty as Majesco Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: COOL), an innovative provider of video games for the mass market, today announced Pirates Plund-Arrr for Wii[sup]TM[/sup]. In this fun and frantic beat-'em-up, players hunt the high seas for the renegade captain Rudebelly who has stolen the Sceptre of Power and unleashed an army of cursed dead, ghastly ghouls and menacing bosses.

In Pirates Plund-Arrr, players will fight through creature-filled areas like a murky swamp, an underwater city, and a haunted village to ultimately face-off against the scallywag Rudebelly and retrieve their stolen treasure. Its serious business in a game that doesn't take itself too seriously: would-be pirates can ride warthogs for "drive-by style" attacks, battle hulking slug bosses and trigger meat meteor showers raining down from above. These cute, but dangerous, swashbucklers will take on more than 40 diverse enemies � including skeletons, slimefish, mummies and lots of other nasties that want to ruin an otherwise pleasant Caribbean adventure. It's a good thing that players have cool combo attacks and a bounty of weapons, from razor-sharp meat cleavers to flaming axes, to ensure that mowing down monsters never loses its appeal! Players can also use the environment to their advantage by picking up rocks and barrels to hurl or simply snatching up the baddies themselves to toss them overboard. As players progress, they'll gain XP points that will earn them perks and upgrades that will cause more damage to enemies. In addition, Pirates Plund-Arrr, lets 4 mates plunder together for 4-player co-op, beat-em action!

Developed by Boomzap, Pirates Plund-Arrr for Wii[sup]TM[/sup] is expected to release later this year in Europe. For additional information about Majesco's exciting line of products, please visit www.majescoentertainment.com.

Looks like it might be kind of fun, but I've heard Majesco has a habit of keeping sales revenue from developers, forcing them into bankruptcy. The only case I know this happened for certain is with Rage software, who went tits up after Majesco kept the sales money from Rage's "Mobile Forces" title. I believe, if memory serves, that Vivendi bought what was left of Rage for the incredibly huge sum of one dollar and shut down all ongoing projects.

But, just like PA, Mobile Forces has had an active modding community since its release many years ago - you'll often find former Rage employees popping in every now and then. The forum is a small one, but it has a fair number of regular users.

Why is it the best games seem to always get screwed over by the powers that be?

Yeesh, I seem to be ranting all over the place today! xD: I'd better quit. :yes

Sounds like a typical publishing strategy to me Stallion, everyone always gets a bigger piece of cake than the people that actually made it.

Sounds like great blog material to me! :wp

...you know I am gonna keep hounding you til you actually write one right?? :slap

Back