• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion pirates of the caribbean at the end of the world the best in the saga

Nikolab86

Powder Monkey
Hello Friend how are you? For my taste at the end of the world the best part of pirates. Only the beginning of the movie makes my hair stand on end and then the end and especially the end I almost left the cinema excited and about to cry

Greetings!

Attachments

• 4B511441-AB2D-4E30-AC7C-41034F5D3829.jpeg
    4B511441-AB2D-4E30-AC7C-41034F5D3829.jpeg
    322 KB · Views: 202
I actually think that the Curse of the Black Pearl is the best movie.

One of the reasons must be my love of the Black Pearl, and me wanting to get her in PotC, but not being able to.
(I played stock PotC back then.)

So I connected with Jack's mission to get the Black Pearl back.

While I like Dead Man's chest and At World's End, the original holds a special place in my heart.

After the original trilogy though, things started to fall. :rolleyes:

I grew up with the PotC films, and a few years ago did an online review-and-discuss-marathon with a few friends of the first four films.

The first one is clearly my favourite the way it wonderfully juggles action adventure, romance, spook and humour. And how it plays with classic swashbuckler tropes, being a very oldschool film. It's great fun and very creative, there is a video Essay saying PotC - CotBP is "accidentally genius", much beter than it actually wanted to be. I could second that.

DMC and AWE are… good and not. One side, they want to be a self-serious, super-abitious epic fantasy / LotR at sea thing. Other side they are borderline slapstick, turning the eccentric and ambigious Sparrow character into a clown. It's a weird mixture and it doesn't really work, but for some reason it's still very entertaining, maybe it's because of the pirate setting, the creative music and direction or stupid nostalgia. But both are a bit of a rag rug compared to the elegant simplicity of the first one.

Number four breathes fresh air into the series, going small scale again and finding its own style. Especially the mermaid part is great, instead of the fantasy style of 2 and 3 it chooses the fantasy to be more mythical and "realistic" and is directed beautifully. It's not perfect, the whole first act in London is pretty flat and stupid, but I've always liked it quite good.

Numer 5 I've only seen once and it was a blend of all the first four films, very unoriginal and repetitive. The point, where the series should be dead, I think it didn't need any sequels from the beginning, but this is where it all got sucked dry for good. Even McCartney didn't help much.

Curse of the Black Pearl 9/10
Dead Man's Chest 5,5/10
At World's End 6/10 (trash-nostalgia?)
On Stranger Tides 7/10
Whatever the fifth one was called 3/10

Yep, the fifth movie is by far the worst.

Not many real naval battles (Silent Marry can just literary crush other ships), Jack is just a comical character devoid of the serious side of his character, and an uninteresting plot.
And there other problems that will rise if I rewatch it.

Though even worse stuff probably await us, since they are going to make a PotC movie without Jack. :rumgone

Sorry guys but I still think that the 3 the best I remember that I almost cried with emotion with that movie you will not tell me that the final battle maelstorm is not epic the pearl and the Dutch fighting in the middle of a whirlpool. Elizabeth and will getting married in the midst of the approach and the sacrifice of jack for will, yielding it to be the next to rule the wandering Dutch.The fourth and the fifth the worst

Yep, the fifth movie is by far the worst.

Not many real naval battles (Silent Marry can just literary crush other ships), Jack is just a comical character devoid of the serious side of his character, and an uninteresting plot.
And there other problems that will rise if I rewatch it.

Though even worse stuff probably await us, since they are going to make a PotC movie without Jack. :rumgone

Sorry guys but I still think that the 3 the best
No need to be sorry. ;)

I remember that I almost cried with emotion with that movie you will not tell me that the final battle maelstorm is not epic the pearl and the Dutch fighting in the middle of a whirlpool. Elizabeth and will getting married in the midst of the approach and the sacrifice of jack for will, yielding it to be the next to rule the wandering Dutch.
Yep, it certainly is a good movie, even if I don't like it as much as the first one. :yes

The fourth and the fifth the worst
For me certainly, they should have stopped at the third one; or at most at the fourth one.

Number five is a big disappointment. :rumgone

For my taste at the end of the world the best part of pirates.
It's pretty ambitious and the good parts are certainly very good.

The main thing I don't like is that the whole plot was geared perfectly to manoeuvre two massive fleets against each other.
And then... they just lie there. Doing nothing. While the same ships do battle that also did battle in the previous film. :facepalm

It's a common complaint that AWE was too long.
I disagree. I reckon it was too short.
There was so much content in there and the film just rushed through it all.
I would've loved to get to see Shipwreck Cove for more than a split second, for example.
Maybe get to see some personality on the Pirate Lords too; especially Sao Feng.
They're a cool bunch; and quite underused.

Perhaps you are right, the pirate gentlemen see themselves only in that movie and they will not come out again. Sao Feng dies

It's pretty ambitious and the good parts are certainly very good.

The main thing I don't like is that the whole plot was geared perfectly to manoeuvre two massive fleets against each other.
And then... they just lie there. Doing nothing. While the same ships do battle that also did battle in the previous film. :facepalm

It's a common complaint that AWE was too long.
I disagree. I reckon it was too short.
There was so much content in there and the film just rushed through it all.
I would've loved to get to see Shipwreck Cove for more than a split second, for example.
Maybe get to see some personality on the Pirate Lords too; especially Sao Feng.
They're a cool bunch; and quite underused.

Back