• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pirate's Life on Steam Greenlight!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
I was just casually looking around for some pirate news and happen to dig up a new game offering looking to be added to Steam's Greenlight. The game is called “Pirate's Life” and is being developed by Indie developer EyePatch out of Germany. It is a 2D strategy/city builder that lets you create your own pirate settlement. Very reminiscent of the Anno or Tropico series. It is finding little gems like this that keeps me wading through all the muck mire.

You are plopped down on a desert island and must use your cunning to build a settlement and find a way to feed your scurvy crew. From the two videos I have seen so far, the graphics are quite good and the soundtrack is fantastic! This crew of yours is, of course, a finicky lot. They don't like to walk very far to get what they need, grog of course! They also don't much like eating the same thing all the time either.

After you get your little settlement up and running, you will need to build a fleet to take your crew raiding, attacking settlements and trade routes near your island. Raiding is how you gain resources, gold, and of course enhance your recruiting efforts! The more successful your raids are, the more infamous you will become! Of course that will also mean that the Royal Navy will soon be looking for you as well!

Youtube channel Ellitopia Server have gotten their hands on a copy of the game and have put up a first play video!

The game looks quite promising and so far looks like quite a bit of fun! The game is still in development and is set to be released some time early this year, but no exact date has been given. You can find out a bit more about the game, and of course vote for the game, over on it's Steam Greenlight page!

Attachments

• Pirates_Life_Logo.png
    Pirates_Life_Logo.png
    351.4 KB · Views: 16
Yes, it is very similar, I am hoping they expand it quite a bit from what it is already.

Back