• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pirate Plunder : More iPhone Booty!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
I still don't have an iPhone, but for those of you that do, here is some more pirate goodness! Pixel Factory has just released Pirate Plunder for iPhone. Pirate Plunder is a puzzle game in a connect the dots style, I am not sure exactly what that means, but if it involves pirates and booty it must be worth checking out. The goal of the game is to help pirate Captain Blackjack find all his misplaced treasure by connecting barrels with treasure chests as you progress through the levels.

While this new game is entertaining, it also improves players’ cognitive and analytical ability while improving spatial reasoning. Apple has recently promoted the idea of games with purpose and Pirate Plunder falls under that category. Puzzle games increase problem solving skills in young players and keeps older players’ minds sharp and active.

“When I first started working on Pirate Plunder, I knew it would be entertaining,” said Trey Baugher, Founder of Pixel Factory. “It wasn’t until I started playing it myself that I realized it was actually challenging me to find better ways of connecting the Captain to his treasure. As a gamer myself, I’m always looking for games that take some thought which is why Pirate Plunder is the perfect intersection of fun, entertainment, and education.”

Pixel Factory is a start-up game development studio based out of Edwardsville, Illinois. The company's sole focus is creating fun games that are visually appealing while enjoying the development process. Pirate Plunder is the first official release from the studio with a second title ready to launch by end of summer.

You can read the full press release HERE! There are two versions of Pirates Plunder on the App Store, a free version which has 12 levels, and a $0.99 version which has 36!

Attachments

• Pirate_Plunder.jpg
    Pirate_Plunder.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 27
Back