• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Medium Priority Pickpockets

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
You've been robbed, you caught the culprit and he laughed in your face. What do you do now?

If you use a thief's knife to get your money back, you lose reputation for attacking an unarmed opponent. If you stun him and rob him, you lose reputation.

The attached files allow you to rob a robber using a thief's knife or by stunning him, without losing reputation. If you stun and then rob him, the dialog is different to when you stun and rob an innocent victim. But if he gives you your money back and you rob him anyway, you lose reputation as normal.

Attachments

• pickpockets.zip
    76.3 KB · Views: 155
Yes, that is the other half of the problem. Stun someone, rob him, leave him alive - lose reputation even if he robbed you first. Stun someone, murder him while he'd defenceless, then rob him - no reputation loss even if he is innocent. I have not (yet) figured out how to apply a reputation loss if you kill someone while he is stunned. But at least now you don't have to kill him to avoid losing reputation while recovering what was stolen from you.

You've been robbed, you caught the culprit and he laughed in your face. What do you do now?

If you use a thief's knife to get your money back, you lose reputation for attacking an unarmed opponent. If you stun him and rob him, you lose reputation.

The attached files allow you to rob a robber using a thief's knife or by stunning him, without losing reputation. If you stun and then rob him, the dialog is different to when you stun and rob an innocent victim. But if he gives you your money back and you rob him anyway, you lose reputation as normal.
That makes so much more sense!
Nicely done. :onya

Yes, that is the other half of the problem. Stun someone, rob him, leave him alive - lose reputation even if he robbed you first. Stun someone, murder him while he'd defenceless, then rob him - no reputation loss even if he is innocent. I have not (yet) figured out how to apply a reputation loss if you kill someone while he is stunned. But at least now you don't have to kill him to avoid losing reputation while recovering what was stolen from you.
Maybe something here in PROGRAM\Loc_ai\LAi_fightparams.c?
Code:
    if(LAi_IsDead(enemy))
   {
       //Начислим за убийство
       exp = exp + LAi_CalcDeadExp(attack, enemy);
       if(!isSetBalde)
       {
           // ccc mar05 REPLOSS tweak added
           if(enemy.chr_ai.group != LAi_monsters_group)
           {
               if(sti(attack.index) == GetMainCharacterIndex()) LogIt("CHANGE REP for player: " + -REPLOSS*3 + " - undrawn blade 1");    // LDH 19Dec08
               LAi_ChangeReputation(attack, - REPLOSS*3); // NK tempfix for un-drawn blades 04-17

I'd found "LAi_fightparams.c" when adding the code to avoid reputation loss for attacking a pickpocket. What I hadn't figured out was how to check if someone is stunned. There's a function to check if someone is dead, "LAi_IsDead", but there seems to be no similar function for checking if the character is stunned. A bit more digging showed that when code wants to check if a character is stunned, it directly looks for the attribute "stuntime". So I did the same.

Which means after the next update, the balance will be completely shifted. You can rob someone who has robbed you, either by stunning them or by using a thief's knife, and not lose reputation. You will lose reputation for killing a stunned character, even one who has robbed you.

Back