• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Personal wealth

How do i attain personal wealth? Can i take some from the crew money?
You evil THIEF!
WHAT kind of bloody pirate ARE you?!?
:boom:

Also... Why exactly do you want to do this thing...?

If all (still) works as it should, there are several ways of increasing personal wealth:
- If you are on "salary" mode, you should get a small bit every month when you pay the crew.
- If you are on "Divide the Plunder" mode, you get a part of the loot; and of course YOUR share as CAPTAIN is bigger than the crew's. ;)
- If you have a "Letter of Marque"/are a Naval Officer, as you gain rank, you gain land; and "having land" periodically gives you wealth. More land = faster increase in wealth.

And a few ways of DECREASING it also:
1. Use the "Donate to Crew" button (aka. the EXACT POLAR OPPOSITE of what you ask for! :rofl )
2. Depending on your personal game settings, buying personal items (handweapons, trinkets, whatever) could actually be paid from PERSONAL money instead of the crew fund

Generally speaking, most transactions are handled through the Crew Fund. To the point that "wealth" is close to practically meaningless.
However, it IS a way of "keeping score" as indeed one of the main factors in determining your Fame level.

Whether you WANT a high "Fame Level" though is a different story.
Speaking of actual gameplay, it has no practical advantage.
In fact, only a DISadvantage.
The more famous you are, the less enemy ships and forts are inclined to believe you when you start playing around with using false flags.
Which basically just puts yourself, your ship and crew at a potentially increased risk of coming to harm.

So...
Make of that what you will...

Thanks for the quick response and what a detailed response it is! I need it to pay for maxHP that apothecary gives in bridgetown.. or the limit of doing it is only once

Thanks for the quick response and what a detailed response it is! I need it to pay for maxHP that apothecary gives in bridgetown.. or the limit of doing it is only once
What max HP? I usually go to the apothecary only to increase my overall HP/Stamina after collecting all those weird ingredients found all over the game and to get rid of that infamous albatross. I rarely buy any of his medicines like the leeches for example.

No, i mean, it seems that i pay 6000 of personal wealth, not crew money to get that treatment, and it increases maxHP for me, maybe it increases more stuff I don't know

Hmnn..I've never noticed that. Lol. I'll pay more attention to it when I go back there to meet with him. But anyway, Pieter already mentioned everything I can think of to get personal wealth. I would say signing articles will be the fastest way to increase it but if you accumulate a lot of land by getting promoted by different nations, that is permanent. You won't lose a square inch of your land even if you go hostile to a nation who's given it to you and you will collect the profits daily.

Having a lot of high-levelled officers, especially master-at-arms and putting your food rations to FULL and your rum rations to DOUBLE will dramatically increase the morale on your ship daily going as high as "heroic(98-99)"; they may get drunk and fight sometimes and lose morale but it will go back in a few days.

I feel like there is some miscommunication/misunderstanding going on.

Requirements for case "increase_hp":
Code:
if(CheckCharacterItem(Pchar,"meds1") && CheckCharacterItem(Pchar,"meds2") && CheckCharacterItem(Pchar,"meds3") && CheckCharacterItem(Pchar,"meds4"))
But then later also:
Code:
if (sti(pChar.wealth) >= sti(pChar.apothecary.payment))

In other words:
There are FIVE criteria to be met to increase HP one time.

To increase HP again, each of those five criteria will need to be met again.

To be clear, those requirements are:
1. Acetum Saturninum
2. Confectio Damocritis
3. Tincture of Laudenum
4. Turpeth
5. 500 personal wealth per PLAYER character "rank" (=PROGRAM CODE "rank", so your ingame level)

Sources used:
"C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean\PROGRAM\DIALOGS\apothecary_dialog.c"
"C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean\RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\ItemsDescribe.txt"

I rarely buy any of his medicines like the leeches for example.
Makes sense.
Why get leeches when you can get antidotes?

I would say signing articles will be the fastest way to increase it but if you accumulate a lot of land by getting promoted by different nations, that is permanent.
Truth.

Unless/until...
You get dishonourably discharged by the nation that granted you the land.

Having a lot of high-levelled officers, especially master-at-arms and putting your food rations to FULL and your rum rations to DOUBLE will dramatically increase the morale on your ship daily going as high as "heroic(98-99)"; they may get drunk and fight sometimes and lose morale but it will go back in a few days.
Exactly right!
Especially those double rum rations!
Keep that crew morale UP!

As Franco @Tempesta would sing:

Makes sense.
Why get leeches when you can get antidotes?
There's only one reason to get leeches. Antidotes, like other medicines, are available for free by looting chests. Unfortunately, so are albatrosses, and they're the reason for getting leeches when you trade them to the apothecary. (It's possible to disable the curse of the albatross, in which case you never need to come into contact with the slimy things. Or the leeches.)

Exactly right!
Especially those double rum rations!
Keep that crew morale UP!
See also:
The Rum Diary (or How I Fell Overboard and Lived to Tell the Tale)

Unless/until...
You get dishonourably discharged by the nation that granted you the land.
:shockWoah! Never tried that before or might not have noticed. Lol. Hmnnn, I guess I have more things to try. :dance
...(It's possible to disable the curse of the albatross, in which case you never need to come into contact with the slimy things. Or the leeches.)...
Hmmmnn? :woot This is ingame? If so, then that's awesome. I'll have that added to my taskers while in the Caribbean. :D

:shockWoah! Never tried that before or might not have noticed. Lol. Hmnnn, I guess I have more things to try. :dance
A bit of advice (for safety):
Before you try, please make sure you are in(side) "New Horizons".
Please do not (merely) try this in real life.

Hmmmnn? :woot This is ingame? If so, then that's awesome. I'll have that added to my taskers while in the Caribbean. :D
"Ingame"?
Good question.

INTERFACE PROGRAM:
Code:
    int albatross_disabled = MakeInt(CURSES_DISABLED/2) - 2*MakeInt(CURSES_DISABLED/4);

ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
    // PB: Albatross Easter Egg -->
    if(sti(GetAttribute(g_refItems, "items.albatross"))>0 && !albatross_disabled)
    {
        TakeNItems(pchar, "albatross", sti(g_refItems.items.albatross));
        DeleteAttribute(g_refItems, "items.albatross");
    }
    // PB: Albatross Easter Egg <--
This can be updated within a running game; but once the interface has been opened, you are officially too late.

Regular PROGRAM:
Code:
#define CURSES_DISABLED                    0        // INT - 0=default: Cursed items can be dumped or given away. 1 = cursed coins, 2 = cursed albatross, 0 = neither, 3 = both

Looks like the ingame Realism Mode can only affect the Curse of Cortes; but not the Curse of the Albatross (source: For those who like pirates AND METAL).

Indeed, only the cursed coins are affected by realism mode. The curse of the albatross is still active unless you change 'CURSES_DISABLED'. It should take effect without needing to lose all your progress so far. If you've picked up an albatross and don't want to go to the effort of disposing of it by the usual method, you can save game, close PoTC entirely, edit "InternalSettings.h", start PoTC, and load your save. Then drop the albatross into any convenient chest. (Or give it to an officer whom you don't like, then you can take it back and trade it for leeches when you happen to be in Bridgetown for other purposes.)

Ok, now I'm confused. Which number should I use, if I want to HAVE to give the albatross to the apothecary AND bring the coins back to Isla de Muerta?

Ok, now I'm confused. Which number should I use, if I want to HAVE to give the albatross to the apothecary AND bring the coins back to Isla de Muerta?
That is the default setting. However, in "Realistic" mode, the curse of the coins is disabled. The curse is set by having some of the coins missing from the chest on Isla de Muerte. Try this version of "console.c", which should remove one of the coins, so the next coin you pick up will curse you until you take it to its home. (Or start a FreePlay as a Cursed character, in which case you'll need to find a lot of coins to lift the curse!)

Attachments

• console.c
    35.3 KB · Views: 54
Thank you. I have already tried the cursed start. I'm quite impressed with what you people have managed to create. :onya It was quite a surprise to turn into a skeleton at night, so I had to flee into the jungle to avoid the soldiers in the street. The women, who had to choose between rapists and a walking skeleton chose me as the safer option. (If you at some point are bored, you could make all involved run away by the sight of the walking skeleton.)

And the crew complaining about never being able to properly repair the sails and having trouble seeing because of the fog, when we were at sea, was hilarious. Their low mood was understandable, though the difficult part to deal with. Fortunately, the promise of extra rum rations helped with that. It was seemingly of miner importance, that the rum couldn't be drunk because of the curse. Cheap in supplies, though. Their constantly low mood and complaining had me lift the curse, before I got the chance to check the unsinkablity of my ship against another.

Back