• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Performance FPS in citys

tobmic

Landlubber
Hello.
The fps in citys is realy low my pc specs is Phenom Quad quad @2.6ghz , Hd 4870 1gb Graphic , 5gb Ram @ 677 mhz and a fresh installed Win x64.
The fps is lagging alot in citys i lowered down the graphics but doesnt help .. also turned off vertical refresh and fresh defraged hardrive ... any help ???

Hello.
The fps in citys is realy low my pc specs is Phenom Quad quad @2.6ghz , Hd 4870 1gb Graphic , 5gb Ram @ 677 mhz and a fresh installed Win x64.
The fps is lagging alot in citys i lowered down the graphics but doesnt help .. also turned off vertical refresh and fresh defraged hardrive ... any help ???

I have the same problem running dual 1gb 4870s in crossfire. Driver issue maybe? I'm gonna disable stuff in catalyst and see if it helps.

My specs are lower than yours and i have no lagging in the cities, the only time my game lags is when i have 5 ships in the harbour and as i turn around to face them it slows down a little but is fine afterwards and when i enter a battle with more than 10 ships which again only lags when i turn to see them for the first time after that i can rotate the camera 360 degrees and never experiences any lag.

My Specs:
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.5 Ghz (single core)
GPU: Geforce 7600gs Pro with 512 MB's of ram onboard
Memory: 2.5 Gb's DDR1
Hard Drive: 160 Gb's with 50 GTb's free space remains and 2Gb's allicated to virtual memory.

Some games don't run to well with daul core CPU's take Microsoft Flight Simulator X for example it works fine with all CPU's no matter if they are single or dual cores, but many people have said they don't see much difference from a single and dual core CPU which suprised me alot since its Microsoft who developed that game and they hadn't taken in the benifits of the dual core CPU's. Then you get games like Left For Dead where dual core CPU's work really well, it could be a problem with the CPU or something else i wouldn't want to speculat but i hope you can get it sorted out and tell us what the problem was.

Nothing I did made a difference, with the city lag or sound glitching. I personally think it's an issue with ATI cards/drivers since the game seems to work fine on Nvidia cards and I see many issues with ATI on the boards.

For now the game is unplayable for me in this condition...I really hope Akella can get their sh** together some day and give us a playable pirate game with out having the amazing mod community come to the rescue time and time again.

Not sure about ATI cards, my partner has an ATI card so i could test it out on her computer and see. I do know alot of games have problems running with ATI cards so you could be right which is very annoying since my partners computer is old and only had AGP slots for GPU's and i only just bourght her the video card.

No problem with:
Intel DUAL CORE 2.2GHz
4GB RAM
GFORCE 105M
VISTA HOME SP2

None crash, none problem at all. Check in your configuration to run in Windows mode.

bye, bye,
giuliootto

Thanks, same issue in windowed mode, and you aren't having it because you have a GeForce. Having had a similar issue long ago with Sea Dogs, I ordered a cheap GeForce9500gt, put it in this one and the game runs perfect. Even the sound glitching is gone.

Runs just fine on my Compac F700... wich is no more than a notebook... (amd/Nvidia)

@Luke: Micro$oft is still using the same engine for FS since FS2000 if i'm not wrong, back then there was no dual core, so no need to support it, and now, to add support they have to make the engine from scratch, that's why X-Plane is rising like a rocket

About the Phenom, depends on the version, 9650 is the first that actually worked, everything below that has awful bottlenecks that kill performance on peaks (and i'm an AMD guy since K6)

Back