• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Patrician 4

Keith

Raping the Horses and Stealing the Women!
Staff member
Administrator
[imgleft]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_cQOyQjTP3GY/Sz1Ap0MgirI/AAAAAAAAAM0/uTZsy5KUcNA/s128/patrician-3.jpg[/imgleft]While playing EIC I had a touch of nostalgia and decided to buy Patrician 3...again. Then I was wondering if there was ever going to be a Patrician now that Ascaron has sold of their assets. Well I went to the mighty google and had a look and it turns out it's in production now!

KALYPSO MEDIA ANNOUNCE THE FUTURE RELEASE OF THE PATRICIAN IV.
Worms / Bracknell, 18th June 2009
Kalypso Media are now the majority shareholder in a newly founded games studio based in Guetersloh, Germany. Operating under the name of Gaming Minds Studios GmbH, the studio is led by associates Daniel Dumont and Kay Struve and consists of a team of fifteen developers formerly employed by Ascaron Entertainment.
"For Kalypso, this move is not just an expansion of our own studio capacities, but will also allow us greater independence in our games development. We currently have four new titles scheduled for release in 2010 which are being developed in our Munich and Guetersloh studios" said Stefan Marcinek, Global Managing Director for Kalypso Media Group.
In June, Kalypso acquired the majority of licenses and assets of Ascaron Entertainment GmbH when the firm entered insolvency. Among the games titles acquired were Port Royale, Darkstar One, On the Ball and The Patrician. The well established The Patrician games series will be continued next summer with the forthcoming release of the eagerly awaited The Patrician IV.
"Fans are eagerly awaiting a sequel to The Patrician series, particularly in Europe and Germany. By acquiring the original license and developers for The Patrician series we are delighted to be able to produce a worthy successor to this cult series and market it worldwide" continues Marcinek.
The Guetersloh studio is being led by Daniel Dumont as Managing Director with lead designer and Kay Struve as technical director taking responsibility for coordinating internal workflow.
This press release came out in June so I don't know how I missed it.

For those that do not know, Dumont is an ex. Ascaron member who was also responsible for the Patrician series as well as Port Royale. A Visit the Kalypso website HERE

Back