• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Patrician 4 Website Live

Keith

Raping the Horses and Stealing the Women!
Staff member
Administrator
[imgleft]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_cQOyQjTP3GY/Sz1Ap0MgirI/AAAAAAAAAM0/uTZsy5KUcNA/s128/patrician-3.jpg[/imgleft]After a long wait the Patrician 4 website is now open. The information on it is pretty thin but it's a start, I did notice however in the corner it has a "Games for Windows" logo. A bit disappointed with this as I was hoping it would get to steam on release but it may o to the Microsoft games platform (anyone know what that's called?)

There are also a bunch of screenshots for you to look at. Visit it all HERE

UPDATE: After going through the official forum I found this bit of info

Patrician IV is being developed by Gaming Minds Studios GmbH, a studio created with members of the original Patrician development team, and will be available on Windows PC across Europe from 10th September.
UPDATE 2: Ok it looks like you can also preorder Pat 4 from Amazon at £24.99, so at the moment no digital download. I'd be amazed though if GamersGate didn't have it however as I think they have some distribution deal with Kalypso.

Those screenshots make the graphics out to be pretty dated, at least compared to other strategy games from the last year or two. Hope that's not the case upon release. :yes

Doesn't matter to me, though - crappy-ish graphics usually means the game'll run better. xD:

The other concerning thing with this is that apparently it really is Patrician 3 with a graphics update only. I hope that's wrong, but going by the map, which is identical to the previous version & using all the same towns I'm beginning to lean towards it being true.

In saying that, I'll get it anyway :)

Back