• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

PA!'s Patrician IV Q&A

Keith

Raping the Horses and Stealing the Women!
Staff member
Administrator
[imgleft]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_cQOyQjTP3GY/Sz1Ap0MgirI/AAAAAAAAAM0/uTZsy5KUcNA/s128/patrician-3.jpg[/imgleft]Sorry I've been away guys, my laptop got stolen on Thursday (along with my passport and I was due to fly to Australia on Saturday.....:( )

Now back to the news, I have got in contact with Kalypso regarding a Q&A with the Patrician 4 head honcho, Daniel Dumont and that have agreed :yes

So if any of you would like to ask a question please put it in a reply.

I don't have any questions, but I hope you get your computer and passport back. :yes Hell of a bad situation to end up in - do you have anywhere to stay?

I work in Malaysia (have been here for around 10 years), Aussie by birth however.

The passport is an inconvenience, the laptop had everything on it though so I'm a bit pissed about that.

Anyhoo, my starting questions.
1. Will the rise to Alderman be expanded on to include more functions and responsibilities (ala Guild series)
2. Will Pat4 still be located in the Hanse or will it expand?
3. What level of modification will be allowed, can we alter trading prices, add new items, etc..
4. Under the hood, what engine will Pat4 be running on.
5. Will Pat4 have an alternative end goal other than becoming alderman of a city? (for example a personal goal or quest unrelated to finances)
6. Will naval combat be expanded, and will ship upgrades include more military options?
7. Most importantly, does the game allow for a pure pirate way of life?

That really bites Keith, I hope you didn't loose anything to important. I know it's not likely mate, but if there is anything we can do to help, don't hesitate to ask!

As for P4, I am also curious about the naval combat, it's been a while since I played Patrician and don't really remember much but the fantastic economic model. My question, will you be able to board and capture enemy ships and there cargo?

My greatest concern is . Will they keep the basic game the same ? I.E. Will it still have the complex trade/economy ? I do hope they don't "simplify " it . Also , will they expand the over-land trade ? Updated graphics and more dynamic sea and land battles would be nice ,but not at the expense of losing the complexity of the original game .

Back