• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Open windows in different sizes.

Jack Rackham

ex train dispatcher
Quest Writer
Storm Modder
I want to open files from different folders in different ways. So a file from a certain folder always shows as a
high rectangle, an other one as a small square for.ex.
Why? I have noticed that this speeds up modding for me and I get fewer mistakes.
Now I could do that in XP but does anyone know how to keep those sizes in windows8? See picture for what I want.

Attachments

• desktop windows.jpg
    desktop windows.jpg
    667 KB · Views: 73
How did you do this in XP? I'm not sure how to do it in 8, after a quick search. :read

How did you do this in XP?
I don't remember but I think the windows just stayed the size I had changed them to.
Even after the computer was turned off and on again.

When comparing w8 with XP I see in "Alternatives for folders" there was a line in XP not any longer in w8:
"Remember the ajdustments for each folder". Maybe that did it. Sorry for bad translation.

w8 is based on a completely different kernel as XP this kernel is also for mobile devices so I expect things to be completly different. I havent had a time to take a good look at 8 but I expect the option to be somewhere. but if it doesn't do it on default already it migth be disabled.

Thanks a lot Levis, I'll try that!:onya

And it works perfect for windows8.:doff

Last edited:
Back