• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

On This Day..

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
On this day, May 21'st 1502, Portuguese explorer João da Nova discovers the island of Saint Helena in the southern Atlantic. Admiral da Nova also discovered Ascension Island further to the north a year earlier. Saint Helena island was completely uninhabited when it was first discovered, rather unusual given it is a fairly big island, but is quite a ways off the coast of Africa. It would become a very important island for most European powers at one time or another. It was a good resupply port for merchant and military vessels sailing around the Horn of Africa on the great East India trade routes. The island is so isolated that British authorities sentenced Napoleon to spend his second exile there.

Attachments

• 802px-Topographic_map_of_Saint_Helena-en.svg.png
    802px-Topographic_map_of_Saint_Helena-en.svg.png
    335.1 KB · Views: 32
Someone should post this to our Facebook profile. I usually do that, but I can't really keep that up while at sea.

I tried posting a couple of times to Twitter, it wouldn't take the login and kept asking me for an email.

:modding :modding :modding

If anyone has a Facebook account, posting it to the PiratesAhoy! page will automatically post it to the Twitter feed as well.

I can do stuff like that, but I won't get everything up with my current schedule as it is. At any rate, it's probably too late for this one.

I am not sure why, but the Twitter login works now! :shrug

I don't have a Facebook account, but at least I can start posting there now again. :onya

I am not sure why, but the Twitter login works now! :shrug
Brilliant! That's something at least. :cheers

I don't have a Facebook account, but at least I can start posting there now again. :onya
I'll be trying to keep Facebook up-to-date with the big news posts as well. Posted the latest HoO Progress Update there today.
Do we really not have anyone else available with a Facebook account who could do this? :shock

I have a facebook account because I was ordered to get one. I visit it every month or so but do not know how to navigate that place. I can't even read the posts on the POTC site.

Ya. My wife is into bears and got me to sign up there so I could vote for her pets. I got the PA! site there too but do not know how to do anything there. Yesterday we had a large birthday party at a really nice Italian restaurant and my daughters got on there with their phones and found some stuff I didn't know I had put there, like "save the whale".

Back