• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Officer creation

Mudd

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
Ahoy mates!

Does anyone know the code to create an officer with a given model? kinda like this one from POTC...

ch = CreateOfficer_Cheat(OFFIC_TYPE_FIRSTMATE, "hero", 0, PIRATE, false);
SetOfficersIndex(pchar, -1, GetCharacterIndex(ch.id));

also is there a code to change the players model in-game? like ...

GiveModel2Player("model name", true);

Thanks in advance!!!

I'm not sure about the first question, but for the second question, go to:

resource/ini/texts/russian

and open the "HeroDescribe" file.

Then change the hero_model, so it will look something like this

Code:
heroModel_# {your hero model name}

# meaning the # of the hero you are replacing. So if you're replacing Peter Blood, that # would be 1, followed by the model you are using. I assume it's another COAS character, if it's not then you'll need to specifiy the animation as well.

Code:
animation_6 {man}
If its a POTC for example, it will most likely be man2_ab.

Cool, thanks mate!

Do you know where in the code files the game swithes your character model to the one with the diver's suit? I only have limited time on my hands to search the code and havent been able to find it. What i'm interested in is how the game calls the character model change from your current model to the one that wears the Protocusto (diving suit) model.

What i'm thinking of is some sort of taylor mod like potc build mod. Any help in pointing me to that section of code would be awesome!

Thanks

I believe that code which you are looking for is located in the specific quest code for Tenochitlan. Look through the quest files for the section in which you get sent underwater the first time (I've not yet played that far into the game myself, I keep restarting my game as updated modifications are added or removed) and you should find some of the code that should initiate the model switch.

Hope that helps out!

Cap'n Drow

Back