• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Notifications

DavyJack

Pirate Queen
Staff member
Storm Modder
Many times now, I experienced not receiving proper notifications from threads I marked as "Watch". Just like today, I haven't received any notification with the Simplified 3.3 thread. I only found out there was new content just now when I clicked on the latest/recent threads just after logging in. But lucky for me, I found out 'bout the content from the other thread.

It's very confusing and irritating sometimes. 'cause information is being denied or unsent/unnoticed. It just gets you behind sometimes. And when there's new stuff or fix from the thread you're watching and you're not notified 'bout, its just a bummer, damn! I hope this gets fixed or looked at soon. I'm sorry, I get a little bit emotional sometimes, its just that it has happened to me many times now. I don't know what might be causing this.

But yeah, I hope this'll be looked up soon enough. :facepalm:mad:

Huh! That is odd. I don't watch any threads and all of the threads I have not read are hilited.

@DavyJack, does that thread show up in Watched Threads > Show all watched threads?
I don't actively watch any new threads, but I still have a bunch of them I was following from before the switch to Xenforo and receive notifications for them properly.

@DavyJack, does that thread show up in Watched Threads > Show all watched threads?
Yes Sire! It does. The problem is random.

Sometimes notifications from watched threads pop up, sometimes no. Its like its just choosing threads that I watch to victimize randomly. Hehehe.

Well I can't say I've experienced the same issue. I just tried to find out if this is a more widespread problem with Xenforo, but I haven't seen any other cases of what you describe.
I'm not sure what's wrong or how to fix it, so for now, all I can suggest is to use the New Posts page as a backup. :shrug

There's something similar to DavyJack's problem now concerning conversations.
Messages whithout any new posts, posts disappear and show up again. The thread
is "indian items".

There's something similar to DavyJack's problem now concerning conversations.
Messages whithout any new posts, posts disappear and show up again. The thread
is "indian items".
I've never seen that happen myself. I just did a quick search and can't find any similar problems affecting other Xenforo users, either. :shrug
I don't even think conversation posts can be deleted, so that wouldn't be the problem.

The only issue I've noticed today is that the forum is failing to automatically refresh my status when signing in or out, so I have to manually refresh the page. I wonder if that's also affecting messages?

Bartolomeu: Are you having the same issue as Jack Rackham, or a different one?

EDIT: OK, this does seem to be a general issue with the forum failing to refresh itself properly.
I've now seen forum threads not displaying the latest post until I repeatedly refreshed the page (including this one after I posted this response.)

This thread suggests it's not just us experiencing this issue, and it may be related to the host server, so there's nothing we can do to fix it forum-side, yet.

Last edited:
The only issue I've noticed today is that the forum is failing to automatically refresh my status when signing in or out, so I have to manually refresh the page. I wonder if that's also affecting messages?

Bartolomeu: Are you having the same issue as Jack Rackham, or a different one?
Right, I also need to refresh manually the page :yes

I noticed this problem last night. I thought it was a personal problem but it sounds like a general problem.

EDIT: Still happening. This post did not appear until I reloaded the browser tab. Firefox.

I noticed this last night as well, but thought it was some weird Firefox issue. I'll do some digging around and see if I can find anything, I think Armada is right though, it is probably a server host issue.

Whatever the problem was, it seems to be fixed now. The forum is working normally for me now.

I did bit of looking, I tried disabling the Twitter feed and noticed that seemed to have a bit of an effect, but that may be just because the main page was refreshed. I re-enabled it and and thins seem to be working better, although I did have to reload this page to see the last post even though it showed up on the main page. :shrug

It worked correctly that time for me. I noticed earlier that I had the login issue with the ACP, but that seems to be working correctly now too. :modding

Please keep posting here if you notice any more more forum weirdness.

It seemed to be weird for me as well just now until I pressed F5.
Was definitely being weird also yesterday.

Back