• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

No Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean 5?!

Stallion

Sea Dog
Public Relations
From Worstpreviews.com:

"When Walt Disney Studios chairman Dick Cook was fired, Johnny Depp revealed to LA Times that his excitement for "Pirates of the Caribbean 4" has disappeared since Cook was the reason why he signed on for the franchise to begin with.

Even though Depp may be considering abandoning the fourth film, his only way out of the contract is to claim that the script is terrible. He will likely not do that and will hold up his part of the deal. However, don't expect Depp to be in the fifth and sixth installments.

According to a CinemaBlend source, Disney is already prepping to replace Depp in the last two parts of the new trilogy. The studio is not looking to hire a new actor to play Captain Jack Sparrow; the goal is to completely replace him with an entirely new character.

So the big question is: Will you watch a "Pirates of the Caribbean" film without Johnny Depp?"

Anybody else think Disney just shot themselves in the foot?

Anybody else think Disney just shot themselves in the foot?
Nopers they most certainly did not shoot themselves in the foot.

Over a year ago,

Bethesda released Fallout 3 (PC) with a very interesting security feature on the distribution disk.

It bypasses security if you run the exe instead of using their obtuse launcher.
Yes, the distribution disk includes an official "No-DVD Crack".

In this case too,

they did not shoot themselves in the foot.

They shot themselves in the crotch.

They are also planning on "borrowing" the main story from an older Pirate book :

Surprised author Tim Powers finds himself setting sail with 'Pirates of the Caribbean'

Last month, Johnny Depp walked on stage at the Anaheim Convention Center in his Jack Sparrow costume and delighted a surprised audience of Disney fans with his rummy buccaneer's trademark mutter. Within an hour, in San Bernadino, an award-winning fantasy author named Tim Powers found a flurry of emails from surprised friends and fans filling his inbox.

The reason for the e-mail barrage: Depp's theatrical appearance at Disney's D23 Expo included the announcement that the fourth Sparrow film will be entitled "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides," which echoes the name of a 1987 fantasy novel by Powers about pirates and the Fountain of Youth. Everyone wanted to know if Powers had hit the Hollywood jackpot -- or if he needed to be in touch with his attorney.

Tim Powers Powers was in a tricky spot -- he wanted to publicly celebrate a career windfall but the folks at Disney had made it clear that he was supposed to keep everything under wraps. He was more surprised than anyone that the title had been trumpeted at Disney's new promotional convention.

"I was still -- as far as I understood -- not free to talk about it," the author told me Monday. "Then about a week ago my agent wrote and said, 'You're now able to say that in fact Disney did option the book.' That happened a while ago, it'll be three years in April."

The novelist, with a dozen books to his credit, is still a bit dazed by the fact that a book he published during the Reagan administration will setting sail in May 2011 as new edition of a Disney franchise that has racked up $1.78 billion in worldwide box office since hoisting its flag in 2003. "Yes, I'm thrilled," Power said, "I think it's great."

You can read the rest of the article here :
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/her...ting-sail-with-pirates-of-the-caribbean-.html

... I agree, Disney shot themselves a long time ago, there are numerous various appendages that would work! xD:

Johnny Depp was the first person to be confirmed to be in that movie!
Seriously, PotC without Jack Sparrow would be really quite lame.
You might as well make ANOTHER pirate movie series then.
Oh well, it might still be reasonably good if it's got Barbossa as main character or something.

Seriously, they ought to go with our story idea.
Since it's Young Jack, they can even get away with hiring another actor to play him.

This is 5 not 4 Pieter, the only way Johnny can get out of doing 4 is by saying the script is $#!* and he wont do that, so 4 is fine and I think they might stop after 4 if Depp refuses to do 5...

I do think they should do a prequal rather than a sequal though...

Oh; oops. That's fine then. They can't keep this going forever anyway.
Not with the direction they've apparently taken, that is.
Though maybe PotC 4 will turn out brilliantly and Johnny Depp has a great time with it,
and they'll all make another one that turns out to be good.
But I'm totally expecting a crappy, crappy film for 4.

Prequel would be good. OUR prequel, that is. ;)

Not all Disney films are crap. Especially not the Disney/Pixar collaborations. :no

Back