• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Nigel Blythe

Maaaan... I restarted the game and played it by following the regular main quest all the way up to where I get Nigel, and he tried to do his chocolate contract deal, but it fell through because I don't have enough room on my lowly little Galeoth for 2000 Chocolate. So after boxing him about the ears and sending him back to the ship, I took him back into my company of thug- ...ummm... OFFICERS, yeah, that's it, officers, he's been faithfully following me around ever since. I've been to Falaise de Fleur, Conceicao, and Isla Muelle. Can't shake the guy, he's stuck to me like glue.

:b: I dunno, is it ME? Maybe I need to be more rotten to him? :cheeky

He he at least ya found him, I think there is at somepoint he steals your ship to,
If ya wanna be rotten to him take away his weapons and health potions and see how long he lasts, I know im cruel :cheeky

How do you know that Skull. I havn't found him in "Concieca" yet?????

Ah, I went back and got a bigger ship with more capacity and even made sure I was EMPTY so I could accept the 200 chocolate deal (tho the fit that Nathaniel throws if the ship is full - 'where do you think we can store it, my CABIN?!?!!' - is a total laugh riot), then took the chocolate to Conseicao - he FINALLY pulls his disappearing act! :cheeky

So I searched all around, even to the smugglers hideout. No Nigel. I think I'm going to go back to the tavern scene where he tries to make this deal again and FIRE HIS ENGLISH BUTT (with my pistol)! :x

I did, however, discover that Nathaniel can jump down from a height - wow, I didn't know that.

I'm going to try looking around some more, but I think I've basically covered every part of Conseicao - and once I've been there, the fun kinda goes out of going `house-to`-house because there's nothing left to loot! :b:

Yeah I to covered the entire Island, he is NO WHERE

Is he still in your officer slot after he disappears ? if he is try go to your ship
enter cabin and see if he shows up. Failing that there must be someone on Coceico that must have seen him :cheeky:

<!--`QuoteBegin-skull`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skull)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Is he still in your officer slot after he disappears ?[/quote]

No, he's gone.

<!--`QuoteBegin-skull`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skull)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin--> if he is try go to your ship enter cabin and see if he shows up. [/quote]

Hmmm. Is this something one can do in the unmodded version of this game? I have not (stubbornly or stupidly) installed the mods just yet, I'm bulling my way through the game as it is (for the second time) because maybe I'm a glutton for punishment?!? :b: In any case, I am running the game unmodded for the moment.

<!--`QuoteBegin-skull`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skull)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Failing that there must be someone on Coceico that must have seen him :cheeky:[/quote]

Hummm... I keep asking people, but all I get are the options to ask where the tavern is, or what do they think of the trader... I even went to see the governor. What a pill. :blah:

Hidden cave on Conseicao

Interestingly, in my extensive search for the `ever-annoying` Nigel (Artie is useless as an officer but gives you the clue to find the shipwreck and all that loot, WHY am I wasting time with Nigel?) (LOL!), I discovered a hidden cave on Conseicao. Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, but if any of you HAVE mentioned it before, sorry for the repeat. There are skeleton pirates to fight, and when you defeat them and search the cave, you find the Maltese Knight sword. :cheeky

yep he supposed to disappear if you go into programs/quest/quest_reaction c 3/4 way to bottom of page.
there are four islands that involve him in order oxbay ,cargo/ Conceico, smugglers involved and fighting .looks like a convoy of ships smugglers corvetts,one with his name on it,there is code there to end quest if he is dead so I dunno.
Douwseen he steals your ship also something about the treasure .he ends up in Isla Muelle I think.Im not good at reading code so thats all I could make of it. :cheeky:

Yeah he's gone, no where, and nobody will talk to you about him.

But in your "programming" it says "Conceico, Smugglers" does that mean he's at the "Smugglers Hideout"???

<!--`QuoteBegin-skull`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skull)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Conceico, smugglers involved[/quote]

AhHA! Thanks for that info, Skull! I should look at the code, I might understand a little of it.

I have considered going to the smugglers with some contraband - if you talk to the people in Conseicao, they all say not to trust the tavern owner with your money because there is talk he is involved with smugglers. That's a pretty blatant hint. I'll have to try that.

I noticed that I cannot get into the Smuggler's Lair Shop. Even if it is daytime, it is locked. The sign says "ARMAZENAR" (which is Portuguese for "to shop") but the door is locked. Has anyone gotten in there? I wonder if your reputation has to be "Bloody Terror" or "Swindler" or something.

Wish I could get this darned thing figured out - because I WANT TO solve it, but also because I'd like to get back to my saved game where I boarded and captured the Battleship. :cheeky

Yeah I have noticed that you can't get in that shop either. But keep us in updated on Nigel

<!--`QuoteBegin-KevO44`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KevO44)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
But in your "programming" it says "Conceico, Smugglers" does that mean he's at the "Smugglers Hideout"???[/quote]

Im not sure code refers to Conceico,smugglers dialog,prepare for fight with smugglers,taskforce consisting of smugglers corvette{1 corvette has Nigel Blythe in brackets,so he must be on that ship.You I dropped quest I was doing and am going to take a crack at it. :cheeky:

<!--`QuoteBegin-skull`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skull)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I dropped quest I was doing and am going to take a crack at it. :cheeky:[/quote]

Good luck, Skull. I haven't been able to get at it yet today but might give it a go later. Will be interesting to see what develops. :p

I teleport to Coceicao with Nigel,of course he disappears,I talked to a couple NPC
at port on dock and they say if you want to find Nigel go to tavern and ask there,of course he is not so I went back into Program/Quest/quest_ini c file and there is code for him sitting in Tavern same as Oxby when he disappears.So it looks like he is supposed to be there. :cheeky:

Humm, I talked to all the people on the dock and at the gate after he disappeared and NOBODY said anything about where that darned guy went... :cheeky How RUDE!!! :b:

:blah:

Did you ask all the people in the tavern where he went?

As soon as you teleport to dock there a women Maria Riveldo she says if you want to find Nigel Blythe go ask at the Tavern. The quest code says he is sitting in tavern
so there is a bug in the code,im pretty sure.Look at very bottom. :cheeky:

AddQuestRecord("nigel", "10");
Pchar.quest.Nigel_Blythe5.win_condition.l1 = "location";
Pchar.quest.Nigel_Blythe5.win_condition.l1.location = "Conceicao_Tavern";
Pchar.quest.Nigel_Blythe5.win_condition = "Blythe_Setup_Conc";
pchar.quest.Nigel_lost = "1";

LAi_SetActorType(Pchar);
Pchar.Temp.self.dialog = Pchar.dialog.currentnode;
Pchar.dialog.currentnode = "nigel_lost";
LAi_ActorSelfDialog(Pchar, "player_back");
RemoveOfficersIndex(pchar, GetCharacterIndex("Nigel Blythe"));
RemovePassenger(pchar, characterFromID("Nigel Blythe"));
LAi_SetSitType(CharacterFromID("Nigel Blythe"));
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Nigel Blythe"), "Conceicao_tavern", "sit", "sit12");
}
}
break;

Actually, I did finally talk to some of the people on the dock - it is possible I only thought I'd spoken with them before (apologies, :cheeky: Skull!). They DO all say to check in the tavern. And no, he's not there. I tried to talk to everyone in there, and even talked to thin air but nothing seemed to work. He is gone. :blah:

Oh well. Back to my new battleship! :b:

Catalina if ya like battleships this my battle ship Widow Maker
seadogs2_0027.jpg

Back