• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

new users registering problem

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
Over at MODDB someone has commented that he can not register or log in as a guest. Just a heads up on this.

Logging in as a guest isn't supposed to be possible. But what's going on with registering?

Hmmm, interesting... stuff like this makes me curious, so of course I had to try it out! :onya

I just tried signing up three times using a couple of different proxy servers and a temp email, with the first one I got a "500 Internal Server Error" on 2 attempts. The second one I got "Your IP or Email Address is listed as a known spammer and is not welcome here" xD:

The third time I was successful with a different proxy, got the email registration, and got verified without a problem. I am using Firefox, didn't try it in IE. My guess is they either couldn't figure out the security code, or they didn't answer the challenge question, or they were just to lazy to be bothered with either. I know we have had several new people register over the past few days, I am not sure of an exact figure, but if there was a serious issue I doubt we would have seen any people registering. :shrug

The known spammer thing should be fixable in the Admin Control Panel.

It's the proxy's address that was being recognized as a spammer, not mine mate. I think it's best to leave it that way.

Back