• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion new location

Yes, if TOOL and GM Viewer won't touch the model file then it's likely to be unusable. Which indeed is a pity, as that room could have had uses in PoTC as well.
The only problem is the missing ceiling, right? I wonder if it is posisble to sort that out with a bit of trial-and-error.
Extra GM files can be added using the "model.always" code. So if a model file can be made that looks like a ceiling, then it can be added without editing the base GM file.

The only problem is the missing ceiling, right? I wonder if it is posisble to sort that out with a bit of trial-and-error.
Extra GM files can be added using the "model.always" code. So if a model file can be made that looks like a ceiling, then it can be added without editing the base GM file.

I'll try all the same to cut off the top of the sky model and make a ceiling from it, but I'm more concerned about the ceiling under the second floor. The fact is that it can not be seen from below, but it is on top. Screenshot now show.

?????????

Attachments

• Безымянный.jpg
    Безымянный.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 330
  • Безымянный1.jpg
    Безымянный1.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 350
Shame. :(

So if I understand correctly, the model displays (mostly) correctly in the game, but both GM Viewer and the TOOL cannot really do anything with it? :facepalm

If the TOOL had been ok we could maybe have used the floor model as a ceiling and
come up with something else as the under side of the balconies.

If the TOOL had been ok we could maybe have used the floor model as a ceiling and
come up with something else as the under side of the balconies.
If GM Viewer would work, at least an export to OBJ might be possible.
But if neither works, then the only way is pure "trial and error". That'd be labour-intensive indeed! :shock

Some time ago in this topic I showed a big residence, but she had a problem with the ceiling. I was able to find the right option, the ceiling is normally visible. But all the chairs are empty and on the right side of the balcony does not fall. There is not even a patch of walking. If necessary, I can lay out, but only with the condition: you need to make locators for chairs + make a patch of walking for the balcony on the right. And the rest is not necessary to rule.

I can't handle .mtl and .obj files, as the only program I use for modifying models is TOOL. Can you supply the tavern as a .gm?

Also, I can't do anything with walk files. I may be able to add locators to "bigresidence_l.gm", but TOOL won't read "bigresidence.gm" so I can't use my favourite trick of writing the locators to a text file, reading them into the model file, then adding locators and using GM Viewer to show them on the model. So adding locators is going to take a lot of trial and error, which means it will have to wait until I have time.

I can't handle .mtl and .obj files, as the only program I use for modifying models is TOOL. Can you supply the tavern as a .gm?

Also, I can't do anything with walk files. I may be able to add locators to "bigresidence_l.gm", but TOOL won't read "bigresidence.gm" so I can't use my favourite trick of writing the locators to a text file, reading them into the model file, then adding locators and using GM Viewer to show them on the model. So adding locators is going to take a lot of trial and error, which means it will have to wait until I have time.

Tavern its only in "obj" end yes its a very big problem. There is a tavern model exactly the same, but it has 1 floor. It does not help start?

As for the large residence: it has the second option, I have now downloaded both. I think one of them should work.

MEGA

If I'm not mistaken, then the second location below looks like this. But with the doors upstairs there is a second floor.

Attachments

• Buccaneer's_0000.jpg
    Buccaneer's_0000.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 243
  • Buccaneer's_0001.jpg
    Buccaneer's_0001.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 250
  • Buccaneer's_0011.jpg
    Buccaneer's_0011.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 242
  • Buccaneer's_0010.jpg
    Buccaneer's_0010.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 249
  • Buccaneer's_0009.jpg
    Buccaneer's_0009.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 245
  • Buccaneer's_0008.jpg
    Buccaneer's_0008.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 237
  • Buccaneer's_0007.jpg
    Buccaneer's_0007.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 242
As for the large residence: it has the second option, I have now downloaded both. I think one of them should work.
Yes, I can read "big_residence.gm" with TOOL. I'll still need to find time to do anything with it, but that certainly helps!

Back