• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Horizons Remastered

Jason Maffettone

Lord of Entropy
Quest Writer
Provisional
Storm Modder
Just saw this video on Youtube of this mod redone with amazing graphic and new interfaces. Sadly it's in Russian so I don't know what the hell is going on. Anyone here know anything about this?

Just saw this video on Youtube of this mod redone with amazing graphic and new interfaces. Sadly it's in Russian so I don't know what the hell is going on. Anyone here know anything about this?
That's our own work done by @Armada, @Captain Murphy and @Flannery.
You can find it here: New Horizons Remastered by PiratesAhoy!, Armada, CaptainMurphy
Plus development here: Development
Unfortunately development has stalled because of: From Modder to Game Developer
So now I don't know what the future will be for the project...

An unauthorized mod of a mod, trying to take the credit for our boys and girl's efforts?
Not at all. It's all above board.

The audio says it's an attempt to make a review of the available demo, nothing more.
No false claims of credit then? Excellent! My Russian is non-existent, so I wouldn't know one way or another.

In that case, my original words still stand: "It's all above board." :doff

Out of curiosity, how much of this is done and will it ever be likely completed? Looks amazing. Also what's the status of this being ported into a new engine as i heard was being looked into?

Out of curiosity, how much of this is done and will it ever be likely completed? Looks amazing. Also what's the status of this being ported into a new engine as i heard was being looked into?
You can download everything we've got from that Itch.io link.
Basically, there is the Redmond island, a few town locations, two ships and a basic gunnery/fencing system.
The makings of a game are there, but it requires a lot more work to be a true game.

I really hope development will pick up again, but it all depends on whether the people involved can afford to spend the time to make it happen.
They're all very busy with other stuff,, so no clue if and when that will happen.

Also what's the status of this being ported into a new engine as i heard was being looked into?
I think you may be getting the older Hearts of Oak development confused with the New Horizons development. We are not looking into any new engines for the New Horizons, it is staying in Unity.

Out of curiosity, how much of this is done and will it ever be likely completed? Looks amazing.
As it stands it has some basic fighting, basic ship battles, simple dialogs/quest systems, and some basic character navigation. That is as far as we got before life took over for both of us developers. There is no known schedule for development and we have no firm dates for anything getting done since it is only done when we get time, so sorry, nothing definite.

Also what's the status of this being ported into a new engine as i heard was being looked into?
To further clarify, "PotC: New Horizons" is built on the Storm 2 engine. "New Horizons Remastered" is built from the ground up in Unity.

Back