• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Notice New Horizons on Maelstrom 2.8.4 Engine

The Nameless Pirate

Just a pirate
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Ahoy fellow pirates, privateers, naval officers, whatever kind of sailor you are!

New Horizons on Maelstrom has come quite far recently thanks to the efforts of @ChezJfrey, @Mirsaneli, and @mitrokosta. And these awesome skyboxes are the work of @modernknight1.
This means that the latest version of PotC: NH is close to fully playable there, and things that don't yet work are being fixed.

To showcase this, these two videos have been uploaded to our YouTube channel; courtesy of @Mirsaneli.

If you want to get the engine it is available from here: Gentlemen of Fortune: Maelstrom by ChezJfrey
And the mod from here: New Horizons by ChezJfrey

A few of the benefits of this are that you won't need any extra workarounds if you have an Intel iGPU, and that you won't have to limit the FPS to 60 in Windows 10. Also it will look and run better than Storm 2.0.
There are other improvements, but for the sake of simplicity I won't list them all here.

May ye have a jolly time, the sea awaits you.

Last edited:
Looks absolutely fantastic!

I was playing NH this morning, sailing on direct sail, and even at night the sea remains clear blue like its reflecting the day sky.

Oh boy looks good on maelstrom, specially to play in iron man settings, since youre always at sea, defenitely getting the engine.

Just out of curiosity, does the cannon smoke moves/fades taking the wind in to account? I just noticed this morning that in storm engine NH the smoke going against 20 knots of wind, couldnt help but to think about if it is even posible to tweak such things in this engines.

Again, awesome work!

Edit: Omg just noticed the lanterns, is that implemented in all ships? (thinking on the beautifull Essex)

Last edited:
Looks absolutely fantastic!

I was playing NH this morning, sailing on direct sail, and even at night the sea remains clear blue like its reflecting the day sky.

Oh boy looks good on maelstrom, specially to play in iron man settings, since youre always at sea, defenitely getting the engine.

Just out of curiosity, does the cannon smoke moves/fades taking the wind in to account? I just noticed this morning that in storm engine NH the smoke going against 20 knots of wind, couldnt help but to think about if it is even posible to tweak such things in this engines.

Again, awesome work!

Edit: Omg just noticed the lanterns, is that implemented in all ships? (thinking on the beautifull Essex)

I really don't know about the smoke being affected by the wind and the posibility to tweak that. I'm sure @ChezJfrey can give you an answer. Regarding lanterns, lanterns work on all ships which support them. There are some ships that don't have them during night time, but I think those are the ships that came with original POTC.

Reactions: Lrv
Please explain two points:
1) Is the whole game on the itch?
2) What version of the project is taken as a basis?

I have made a Reshade preset for this amazing port. You can find more details here:

Salt & Wind Reshade for NH on Maelstrom Engine

Here is a sneakpeek:

Before:
iCapG13.png

After:
D3hGrpC.png

Back