• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help New Horizons/ Build 14 2.1 Texture Problem/Bug? (Help!)

nicktheknife12

Landlubber
Hey everyone! Im having a problem with the New Horizon mod. Im a beginer to POTC and the New Horizons mod so I dont know alot of what Im doing. I recently got back into POTC and wanted to pick up this mod. I installed it with the improoved graphics and eventually the shader mod. I had to uninstall both of these though. My problem wich is really irritating me is this ; Whenever I try to go into the captains cabin or cargo hold or crew deck, even some buildings in almost every town, they are blanc. No color, no texture, nothing. Just gray, blanc mold of the room or building. I'll try to post a pic soon. I run windows 7 with a decent operating system. I have unistalled all other mods. I would really like to run this mod without the loss of textures so thank you! If you have any questions let me know, and thank you for any answers you provide!

That is the driver version I am using. Now it sounds like missing textures. Do you have error logging enabled? How to do that is in the FAQ.

Can you enable error logging as per the FAQ please? Link in my signature. I'm especially interested in system.log .

"Access denied". That is a huge clue! Did you install POTC into C: Program Files?

Yes, you need to reinstall the game and mod to a different folder (e.g. C:\Games\POTC). :onya
Installing in Program Files causes Windows' "security" features to prevent the mod from working properly.

Back