• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Free to Play MMO Pirate Duel!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
I am not big on MMO's, but when they involve pirates, I certainly take a look! I ran across this post over on Gamedev announcing a new Pirate themed MMO called Pirate Duel. The game is developed by Bulgarian developers Magic Box, which is an independent, self-funded, game developer studio founded by Kaloyan Hlebarov and Daniel Donev. The game has been developed over the past for years, and from what I have seen so far, looks quite interesting!

I am really liking the hand drawn art style, it gives the game a unique look and helps set it apart from other titles. I also love the fact that they are Indie developers, and the fact that the game is free! That's right, free! From the developer :

One of the things that we are very proud of is that the game is 100% free to play. There is no such thing as Pay2Win in Pirate Duel and never will be. The game has a supporter pack system, which we are currently expanding. It gives the players who want to help and donate only cosmetic and handy game functionalities but not direct benefits.

We believe that the players deserve awesome and clever games that are making them think. This is why we are constantly improving and adding new content to Pirate Duel, making it better every day.

Another interesting fact is that the game was made with literally zero budget. It is self funded project and every aspect of it (design, programming, server support and marketing) is done by two people.

Pirate Duel is a classic, browser MMO strategy game with a crazy storyline. The game takes you to an imaginary universe where pirates battle with an evil empire and with each other for supremacy. You are tasked with being the governor of a small pirate town. You will have the choice of siding with one of three available factions, or pirate clans. Build up an economy, train your crew, use your captain skills to master the battle system and get to the top of the rankings. Oh yes, and there will be a lot of plundering and ass kicking thrown in!

Features :
  • Free to play. No Pay2Win
  • Requires only a browser
  • Hand drawn art style made with tons of passion
  • Great storyline and atmospher
  • Tons of pirate stuff, ships, captains, krakens and bosses
  • In-depth battle system that rewards the smartes
  • Constant new content and optimization to improve the game
  • Awesome developers who actually care about the player

They will also be adding a lot more to the game, including tons of adventures, bosses, constant new content and of course pirate duels! To join in the fray, or to find out more about Pirate Duel, head on over to there web site and sign the articles and join in the mayhem!

Pirate Duel on Twitter
Pirate Duel on Facebook
Pirate Duel on YouTube

1_city.jpg 2_fleet.jpg 3_captain.jpg 4_map.jpg 5_adventure1.jpg 6_boss1.jpg 5_adventure2.jpg 6_boss2.jpg 7_ranking.jpg

Attachments

• PD_Logo_Big.png
    PD_Logo_Big.png
    361.3 KB · Views: 51
Back